Optimal battery pack for an X8R

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
philhawkey

Optimal battery pack for an X8R

Post by philhawkey »

Hi folks

I have just bought a 3 channel slope soarer (second/third hand), and want to use my new (second-hand) Taranis x9d+ and X8R receiver. My experience in RC so far is with an RTF Diamond 1800 electric powered glider using a 2200 MaH Lipo and an ESC of course. The seller recommends a 6v 4 cell AA nicad pack.

At the online retailers I see NiMH packs and my question is, for my glider what would be the best battery pack to use with the X8R, 4.8v 4 cell, or 6.0v 5 cell NiMH, or stick to a AA NiCad pack, given the stated Operating Voltage Range: 4V-10.0V. Will the NiMH pack just plug in to the receiver using any of the available channels?

Sometimes it's hard to find the most simple things amongst the more advanced tutorials and information.

Thank you.

phil

rdeanchurch

Re: Optimal battery pack for an X8R

Post by rdeanchurch »

The receiver would operate fine on a 2s Lipo, 4, 5, 6 cell Nicad or Nimh or AA....but your servos may not operate or last long. Servos generally expect about 6v.
Yes, you can plug the battery source into any channel or the SBUS port.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
philhawkey

Re: Optimal battery pack for an X8R

Post by philhawkey »

Thank you for the helpful information. I have ordered a Ripmax Panasonic Eneloop 4.8v 2000mAh AA Ni-MH.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”