Taranis X-Lite with ersky9x

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
decathlon65

Taranis X-Lite with ersky9x

Post by decathlon65 »

Hello all together,

I have a Taranis X-Lite and ive changed the OpenTX FW to the ersky9x test version, the ersky9x works pretty good on the X-Lite, but, how can I flash the FW from the internal XJT module and how to flash an reciever with the SPort?
On the er9x.com there are some "app's" to download for the X-Lite, what can I do with them?

thx in advance,
Christoph

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Taranis X-Lite with ersky9x

Post by MikeB »

I haven't got the option to flash the internal module available (yet). I wasn't sure if it worked the same way for an iXJT module as it does for a standard XJT module. It looks like it is the same so I will add the option.
The flash a receiver or SPort device using the SPort connection at the bottom of the radio, you need to start the radio in "Maintenance mode". Hold the trim cross to the left and press and hold the "shift" button, then power the radio on. Keep these pressed until the radio finishes "STARTING" and displays the "Maintenance mode" menu.
Plug in your Rx or device, then select "Update Ext. Sport", select the required file (which you put in the "firmware" directory on the SD card), and confirm the operation.
From "Maintenance mode", you may also update the bootloader. If you wish to use the "apps" you do need the bootloader that is part of ersky9x. When you run this bootloader, you have an option to "Run App". There are 2 apps currently available, one is for updating the firmware on a multi-protocol module, the other is for changing the physical ID of SPort sensors.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
decathlon65

Post by decathlon65 »

Hello Mike,
Thank you for your explanation, now it is more clear for me, but one question i have.
You wrote that the bootloader is part of the ersky9x FW, is that right that the bootloader is in the FW file and only writeting when the TX is in maintanence Mode?

Thx for your time and help,
I wish you a merry christmas
Christoph
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Yes, the bootloader is in the firmware file you download, but you need to flash it separately in maintenance mode.

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”