Servo will only travel one way

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
Slivaire

Servo will only travel one way

Post by Slivaire »

Hi.I' am new to Taranis and since connecting the transmitter to my computer (MacBook air) and using the simulator to set up a basic model witch I saved and sent to my transmitter. I can now only get the servos to travel in one direction, I have deleted the model and set up another with the same result any idea what I have done?

Kilrah

Re: Servo will only travel one way

Post by Kilrah »

You have probably not used the correct read-modify-write procedure and erased your stick calibration. Just recalibrate the sticks on the radio.
Slivaire

Post by Slivaire »

Thanks Kilrah you are correct I recalibrated the sticks and all is now working correctly, however I must still be doing something wrong. After I have set up a model and saved it on the computer when I load it onto the radio it wipes out the calibration and several other settings?
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

The calibration data is stored in the .otx you on your transmitter(tx).
When you create a new model in a new .otx in companion it has no calibration data but the default values ...which are never right for your tx.
To get calibration data you need to read the .otx from your tx after you have calibrated the tx. Then store it on the computer.

To avoid any chance of not remembering to fix calibration data.
I make a new model or modify one I have previously put on the tx in Companion.
Now read in the tx's .otx.
Now companion has 2 windows of .otx data the new (or modified) model and the current.otx with tx calibration.
Now drag the new/modified model to the .otx just read in. (You can overwrite the old model, if you just are modifying a model.
Now write that .otx back to the tx.

Not the easiest/simplest but very safe for my old mind...sort of suspenders and belt
I save to the PC at each step.
File names like:
OpTx2_2_2-2018Sep18-rdy6.otx
OpTx2_2_2-2018Sep21-in1.otx----read in tx's .otx
drag new/modified model to above
OpTx2_2_2-2018Sep21-out2.otx---write to rx
OpTx2_2_2-2018Sep21-rdy3.otx---save for future additions/modifications

Then OpTx2_2_2-2018Sep21-rdy3.otx can be used as a place to create new models or modify an exisiting...after the change I save it to the PC as OpTx2_2_2-2018Sep22-rdy4.otx
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Every time you want to make a change you should read from the radio, do your changes whether modifying something, creating a new model or copying one from another file, then write back.
Keeping a local copy as backup at this point is indeed a good idea too.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”