FrSky Taranis Special Edition Low RSSI (Crash)

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
dushan

FrSky Taranis Special Edition Low RSSI (Crash)

Post by dushan »

I bought a Taranis SE from a friend, crashed a plane due to sudden signal loss (no warnings). I've placed the antennas (X8R, tested with X6R as well) correctly at 90 degrees and even mounted them outside which is not needed for a foamy. And there are plenty of posts/videos online to say that most SEs are faulty. Now I'm thinking of buying an original taranis without the SMA/IPX antenna as some suggests this is where the problem is. But seems there are also faulty XJT modules. My question is if I buy an original taranis, will that guarantee my xjt module will be healthy and that I will be having the usual range? I read some got issues after couple of years of flying too. Some have got issues after the antenna mode which is reasonable. Should I look for any particular serial numbers such as A01, B01/ B02? Can we also hear from those who are using taranis txs for years about there experience? Please, appreciate any help. I've invested a lot on telemetry devices and receivers and this is going to be my last try or else getting back to my trusty spectrum.

tonnie78

Re: FrSky Taranis Special Edition Low RSSI (Crash)

Post by tonnie78 »

I have my X9D for 4 years now without any problem. Just love it. Sometimes I wish it failed to give me an excuse to buy an X10S but so far no reason to do so. Stock X9D with OpenTx of course... .

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

I have one of the very first batch of X9Ds sold in North America by Aloft in July 2013. Still going strong after more than five years. I’ve upgraded the sticks but never touched the electronics.

I’ve mostly used it with ErSky9x, though at the moment it’s on OpenTX as I experiment with version 2.2.
pmullen503

Post by pmullen503 »

Did you have logging turned on by chance? That might give some idea of what's going on.

My early Taranis has been flawless for almost 5 years.
dushan

Post by dushan »

tonnie78 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:24 pm I have my X9D for 4 years now without any problem. Just love it. Sometimes I wish it failed to give me an excuse to buy an X10S but so far no reason to do so. Stock X9D with OpenTx of course... .

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk
Thanks so much for the reply. It seems some change frsky did for the internal xjt which started this issue. I'm thinking, even if I can replace the internal board, what can guarantee that the new board will be error free. Because these are all same boards right. Also what kind of recievers you use? Seems there are lot of problems with the new X series and most people are switching back to D series.

dushan

Post by dushan »

Daedalus66 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:42 pm I have one of the very first batch of X9Ds sold in North America by Aloft in July 2013. Still going strong after more than five years. I’ve upgraded the sticks but never touched the electronics.

I’ve mostly used it with ErSky9x, though at the moment it’s on OpenTX as I experiment with version 2.2.
Thank you so much for your reply, please see my reply to tonnie78
dushan

Post by dushan »

pmullen503 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:20 pm Did you have logging turned on by chance? That might give some idea of what's going on.

My early Taranis has been flawless for almost 5 years.
Thank you so much for your reply, No I didn't, it was the first day I flew, I know, all the early reports are really good, please see my reply to tonnie78

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”