How to program a Taranis X9DPlus so left throttle stick reads zero at center position

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
BillAllman

How to program a Taranis X9DPlus so left throttle stick reads zero at center position

Post by BillAllman »

My radio is a Taranis X9D Plus set to mode 2 and flashed to OpenTx 2.2.2. I built a new drone from scratch about six months ago and have been flying it with my current Taranis X9D Plus radio and it's awesome. I have switches setup for Arming the drone, Angle Mode, Horizon Mode, Acro Mode, Air Mode and Barometer/Alt Hold and audio for all the switches. The radio has a lot of capabilities for the price.

I purchased another Taranis X9D Plus flashed it to OpenTx 2.2.2 and cloned it from my other radio in OpenTX Companion. I opened the new cloned Taranis X9D Plus radio case and backed the retaining screw out of the M9 gimbal so the throttle stick on the left side would center. Now when you turn the radio on it say's throttle warning "of course", because the stick is now centered.

I need to program the second Taranis radio so it sees the throttle level at zero when the stick is in the center position. I have read through a lot of information on Input's, Mixer and Output's in the model section of the radio and I believe the answer is in the mixer setting's but I can't seem to put my finger on it.

I understand everyone fly's the left stick in mode 2 with no spring tension and so do. This radio is for younger children or inexperienced pilots flying drones in Altitude Mode and that's why I want the stick centered on the radio. Betaflight is already configured for Altitude Hold on my FC I just need to get the radio programmed so I can start calibrating the radio to the drone.

Can anyone point me to a link that shows step by step instructions on how to setup the left throttle stick, on a Taranis X9D Plus, so the throttle reads zero when the stick is centered and in mode 2. I need the radio to see that stick at zero throttle before I can arm my drone and enable the barometer. Please contact me if you have an answer or link to share.

Thank you for your time and help.

Bill

Kilrah

Re: How to program a Taranis X9DPlus so left throttle stick reads zero at center position

Post by Kilrah »

BillAllman wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:00 pmI need the radio to see that stick at zero throttle before I can arm my drone and enable the barometer.
It's incorrect, you do not need or want that.
The only thing to do is disable the throttle warning as it is irrelevant in such a configuration.
Daveh

Re: How to program a Taranis X9DPlus so left throttle stick reads zero at center position

Post by Daveh »

"I need the radio to see that stick at zero throttle before I can arm my drone and enable the barometer."
Do you need the receiver output to be at minimum throttle whilst the stick is at centre?
You will see on the screens that the output goes from -100 to +100 (%). -100 is normally min throttle.
In the mix for throttle, add an "offset" of -100. this will then give a -100 output when the throttle is at "0". Its range will be then only -100 to 0 as the throttle is increased, so make the weight 200. the range will now be -100 to +100 as the stick moves from centre to top. Leave the limits for that channel as -100 and +100. The part of the throttle movement from centre to low will do nothing. The radio will still complain when powered on.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”