FrSky X8R (EU-LBT) Receiver

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
Malc

FrSky X8R (EU-LBT) Receiver

Post by Malc »

I have a FrSky X8R (EU-LBT) receiver . Could you please tell me which direction the two receiver antenna should be in.Should one be Vertical and on be Horizontal ?

Daedalus66

Re: FrSky X8R (EU-LBT) Receiver

Post by Daedalus66 »

The main thing is that they should be separated as much as possible (while taking care not to bend the coax cable sharply) and aligned at right angles to each other. The active portion (last 32mm or so of silvery color with outer sheath stripped off) of each should be well clear of the battery, metal objects like wires, speed control, etc. and at least one should have a clear view of the transmitter when the model is in any given attitude. Non-conductive stuff like balsa, foam, etc. does not block the signal. It is often recommended to have one antenna vertical and the other horizontal, but not essential.
With a new installation, do a reduced power range test at about 25m, walking around the model and checking control from all directions.
Malc

Post by Malc »

Thanks.
LutzB

Post by LutzB »

Also consider the orientation of the transmitter antenna when positioning the RX antennas.
For example I mounted both RX antennas horizontal, one pointing forward and the other to the side, as my TX antenna is also horizontal. So at least one of the RX antennas is always almost parallel and getting best reception.
tonnie78

Post by tonnie78 »

They should be in a 45degree angle and also the flat faces should be at a 90 degree angle.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”