Taranis Plus start up

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
Malc

Taranis Plus start up

Post by Malc »

I have a new Taranis Plus EU -LBT.
I have flashed the firmware from OpenTX Companion to the radio OK ,but when I turn on the taranis I get the Control Warnings which I clear ok, but then the taranis goes to the start screen but It well not go any farther it just keeps going back to the start screen again and again! It will not go any farther.

jtaylor

Re: Taranis Plus start up

Post by jtaylor »

Are you sure you downloaded and flashed Plus firmware and not standard Taranis firmware? Radio Type in settings needs to be Taranis X9D+, not X9D.
Malc

Post by Malc »

On Open TX Companion all my models where originally set to Taranis not Taranis Plus because my old Taranis was a standard one.But I changed the settings to Taranis Plus before I did the Write Firmware to Radio,then I did the Write Models and Settings To Radio.
The Open TX Companion has the firmware 2.1.9.
The new Taranis Bootloader-is 2.1.6
The taranis will start OK in the Bootloader Mode OK.
When I start the Taranis plus in the Bootloader Mode and connect to my laptop the two icons that appear on my computer are Taranis icon and a No Name icon.Not a Taranis icon and a SD Card icon which where the icon's that where present with my old Taranis.
Malc

Post by Malc »

The old Taranis was set to D8 Mode.
The Protocol is now set to FrSky XJT(D16)
jtaylor

Post by jtaylor »

Did you download the firmware with Companion again after you changed the settings to Taranis Plus before you flashed it? What is the filename you flashed? You need to download the firmware again after you change the settings. That setting is what firmware you download, not what you flash.

You should set up two profiles under setting Radio Profile, one for the Taranis and one for the Plus, that way you can have the correct settings for both transmitters.

Malc

Post by Malc »

I do not think I did download the firmware with Companion again after I changed the settings to Taranis Plus.I do not believe I know how to do this , can you please tell me how to do it?
The firmware I have on Companion is 2.1.9
jtaylor

Post by jtaylor »

Go into Companion and change Settings-Radio Type to Frsky Taranis X9D+. Make sure EU is not checked if you want to use D8 receivers (All other modes will still be EU-LBT. Then go to File-Download, make sure x9d+ is in the filename, click "Download Firmware" button. Tell it where to save it. After it finishes downloading burn it to the radio. Make sure you select the file you just downloaded with the x9d+ in the name.
jtaylor

Post by jtaylor »

Since you have a Taranis and a Plus you need to be careful that you have the right radio type selected in Companion before you work with a radio. You can't read models and settings from one and write it to the other or you will overwrite the general settings and make a mess. You should set up a profile for each under Settings-Radio Profiles. That way the settings for each will be stored in the profile and you just have to select the right profile before working with a radio.
Malc

Post by Malc »

Thanks a lot , My Taranis Plus is now working OK!
Malc

Post by Malc »

The Taranis Plus is OK almost .Apart on the SD Card the Model folder is empty!
Malc

Post by Malc »

I have now got all my models in the Model folder now.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The Models folder being empty is normal, that's not where they're stored. It's jsut a place where you can export/backup individual models, mostly used only if you're out of space and can't store them all on the radio.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”