Taranis wont bind to FrSky XM+ Reciever

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
Raptor67

Taranis wont bind to FrSky XM+ Reciever

Post by Raptor67 »

Hello Guys.
I recently upgraded my Old Original Taranis to Open-TX Firmware to v2.2.1 That seems to be working great. I now have a boot loader and access to more stuff. I loaded the lua, non-EU version as I want to play with GPS plotting later and I live in Australia.
In the mean time, I purchased a FuriBee x215 with a FrSky XM+ Rx.
https://www.gearbest.com/brushless-fpv- ... 08379.html
My Tx wont bind to the XM+. The Taranis just keeps chirping when on the XM+ the green light is solid and the red light is flashing (bind mode - I hope).
Looking through the web, it seems that I have to have the same type of firmware on the Tx as I do on the Rx. Ie, EU or non-EU.
Is this correct? Is that all there is to it?
I would have thought that buying something from GearBest (where the FuriBee x215 came from) would have pretty much guaranteed that I was shipped the NON-EU version XM+. How do I tell, and is this likely to be the problem?
PS. The Tx works with other models OK, but this is the first XM+ that I have come across. all my other Rx are at least 4 years, probably 5 or more.

Sorry if this is a noob question, but its starting to get confusing cos I stepped away from the RC world about 4 years ago, and took it up again about a month or so ago. Man, things have changed! So much so that with this I may be barking up the wrong tree completely!

Thanks in advance.

WelshJohn

Re: RE: Taranis wont bind to FrSky XM+ Reciever

Post by WelshJohn »

Raptor67 wrote:Hello Guys.
I recently upgraded my Old Original Taranis to Open-TX Firmware to v2.2.1 That seems to be working great. I now have a boot loader and access to more stuff. I loaded the lua, non-EU version as I want to play with GPS plotting later and I live in Australia.
In the mean time, I purchased a FuriBee x215 with a FrSky XM+ Rx.
https://www.gearbest.com/brushless-fpv- ... 08379.html
My Tx wont bind to the XM+. The Taranis just keeps chirping when on the XM+ the green light is solid and the red light is flashing (bind mode - I hope).
Looking through the web, it seems that I have to have the same type of firmware on the Tx as I do on the Rx. Ie, EU or non-EU.
Is this correct? Is that all there is to it?
I would have thought that buying something from GearBest (where the FuriBee x215 came from) would have pretty much guaranteed that I was shipped the NON-EU version XM+. How do I tell, and is this likely to be the problem?
PS. The Tx works with other models OK, but this is the first XM+ that I have come across. all my other Rx are at least 4 years, probably 5 or more.

Sorry if this is a noob question, but its starting to get confusing cos I stepped away from the RC world about 4 years ago, and took it up again about a month or so ago. Man, things have changed! So much so that with this I may be barking up the wrong tree completely!

Thanks in advance.
Yes, they have to be the same firmware.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Raptor67

Re: Taranis wont bind to FrSky XM+ Reciever

Post by Raptor67 »

Thanks.
OK, Got it sorted now.
As it was much easier to flash the XJT module, I flashed that to the latest Non-EU firmware.
Bingo! Now binds and works OK.
Now I know its not hardware, I will flash both to latest EU LBT firmware as that seems to be the better option from a quick look at the LBT protocol.
Thanks again.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”