QX7 Problems

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
Fenris

QX7 Problems

Post by Fenris »

I got a QX7 a couple months ago and after initial setup with a few models it worked great for a while but eventually started having an issue where it would occasionally lock up at boot or shutdown, requiring me to pull the battery. Recently it started doing so more often which prompted me to try reflashing firmware but the problem still persisted. I tried with removing the internal battery and it appeared to run good but the next morning it was back to acting up. When I can actually get it to boot I verified all the buttons and switches work properly so I'm sure it's not that. Right now it seems to be able to boot up sometimes but when if it does the transmitter becomes unresponsive and requires a battery pull. Another thing is when in bootloader mode I can plug in USB but companion will fail to recognize and if I pull the USB the transmitter will still say USB connected tho everything works fine when transmitter is off. I'd like any help or info anyone might have about any similar experience. I'm not sure what other info to add other than I have all current drivers and all running a correct firmware 2.2.1 for X7

Kilrah

Re: QX7 Problems

Post by Kilrah »

This sounds like a hardware issue, given the symptoms I would suspect the crystal oscillator could be malfunctioning.
Fenris

Re: QX7 Problems

Post by Fenris »

Looking into that it seems some people have had the showing down issues with a shot oscillator. If that's the case maybe I can still get a warranty on it done I got it near the end of November

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”