Taranis X9D+ channels are all wrong on the Rx

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
Ocoee96

Taranis X9D+ channels are all wrong on the Rx

Post by Ocoee96 »

Hi, all - I feel like an old dog trying to learn a new trick. Got the X9D+ recently, and am a bit overwhelmed with it's complexity (having flown RC for over 40 years). As recommended, I updated the Tx firmware to 2.2.1 (Dec 12 release), updated the SD card, and set the model prefs to Mode 2 operation on a D16 receiver with AETR channel order.
First I bound to an S6R receiver with the following result: Ch1 (A) controlled Ch3 on the Rx; Ch2 (E) controlled Ch1; Ch3 (T) controlled Ch 2; and Ch4 (R) controlled Ch4. At first I thought it was shifting to Mode 1 operation, but this isn't the case. So I then bound to an X4R receiver with exactly the same results... meaning something ain't set up right in the Tx.
Any help with what I may have done wrong? I'm stumped! (and please don't say I should just hook up the servos to the corresponding Rx channels)
Thanks,
;)
PJ

Daedalus66

Re: Taranis X9D+ channels are all wrong on the Rx

Post by Daedalus66 »

Stick Mode and Default Channel Order must be set separately. Channel Order only applies to NEW models, it does not affect existing models.
Check that both are set correctly and create a new test model. I think you’ll find all works correctly.
Ocoee96

Post by Ocoee96 »

Thanks, that did the trick... a new "test" model works fine, Daedalus. Any way to "fix" an existing model, or should I delete and edit the functional "test" model with correct model name, etc?
:-)
PJ
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

You need to manually move the mixes around to the correct channels.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

May be easier to do when you load it into companion

Reinhard

Ocoee96

Post by Ocoee96 »

Thanks, guys! Early in the learning curve... good tips.
:-)
PJ
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

Using Companion you can just use cut and paste. It only works line by line, not page by page but is still faster than editing on the transmitter or starting from scratch or retyping all lines. The Input order does not matter.Just make the MIXES correct and you are good to go. Logical Switches and Special Functions can also be edited this way. Unfortunately, last I checked it did not work on telemetry. There are reasons for that, not that I pretend to understand them.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

It’s not too difficult to move mixes using the transmitter. Just go to a line, press Ent to select it, then use the Move command to move it where you want. And so on for the required rearrangement. Not quick, but easy enough.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”