Touchy controls

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
shadowwarrior

Touchy controls

Post by shadowwarrior »

Total newb here.

A good friend of mine got me started and helped me bind a KingKong TIny7 to my TaranisQ X7 radio.
For a few days, I was content to just learn to fly the drone.
Then I decided to see what all the options in the radio profile were all about.

Somehow, when I fly the drone, seems like all stick movements are super sensitive and it is making it really difficult to fly. Tiny little movements seem to start the drone spinning, and pitching forward, back, and side to side are super hard to do.

I've tried looking at each of the mixer and input settings to see what i might have turned on, but can't figure it out. I even made a new model from scratch, rebound to the drone, but no luck. Still super sensitive.

What did I do and how do I get it back to where it was before?

I also can't seem to get the drone to show up in betaflight configurator. I installed the drivers with zadiag, and I see a CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller (COM3) in device manager, but betaflight won't connect. Not sure if it's related or not. Can't get it to show up on my mac either.

Thanks for any assistance.

RS

RS

Kilrah

Re: Touchy controls

Post by Kilrah »

Post your settings file so people can look at it.

If the output looks correct on the channel monitor then the issue is with betaflight configuration.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Have you calibrated the sticks?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
shadowwarrior

Post by shadowwarrior »

@MikeB, you hit the nail on the head. Somehow, I calibrated it while I was just messing around reading the manual and messed it up. I did a recalibration, and now it's working.

@Kilrah, thanks for the reply. After I posted, I got a new model set up, and had the same problem. That told me it had to be a global setting, or something with the radio.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”