OpenTx 2.2.1 comments

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
Raythegreat

OpenTx 2.2.1 comments

Post by Raythegreat »

Hi all,

4 days ago I updated my Taranis X9D from OpenTx 2.1.9 to 2.2.1 (most recent release of Dec 16)
So I started the complete verification of my airplanes. I do this on all upgrades.
This upgrade did not break anything except 2 things I noticed.

On my Extra-300 in the servo menu, the two PPM center of my ailerons had to be re-adjusted. Both ailerons were down like flaps but just a little bit.
Once re-adjusted, all surface worked well. I did not have to do this for rudder and elevator, they were both aligned perfectly.
Any ideas why this occurred? Both right and left ailerons were initially not at 1500ms.

Also with the new 2.2.1, I don't recognize the GPS output data format. I have the NMEA setting.
I live near Montreal Canada and usually I have something near 45 deg Lat 73 Long. Now I can't even recognize the format.
I did not execute a new discover new sensors so maybe this is the problem, I'm not sure.
Do I need to do something to go back to the NMEA format?
See the attached picture of the GPS output on my Taranis screen.
I have to say I was in my basement but with the 2.1.9 I had the good GPS format.

Please advise on both?

All the best to all for 2018 and happy holidays.

RTG
Attachments
20171225_204004.jpg

Raythegreat

Re: OpenTx 2.2.1 GPS strange format

Post by Raythegreat »

Hi,

Is there anyone that can help or advise for the GPS data coming out from the telemetry page?
Since I installed OpenTx 2.2.1, I don't recognize the GPS format coordinates.
I have NMEA in my settings.

Please see the attached picture below. What is the format of this data?
I have the FrSky GPS2 with X8R receiver and taranis x9d.

Thanks
RTG
Kilrah

Re: OpenTx 2.2.1 comments

Post by Kilrah »

Might want to try deleting and rediscovering this particular sensor.
Raythegreat

Post by Raythegreat »

Thanks Kilrah,

Deleting and rediscovering the GPS sensor worked.
However, I had to reedit a few of the GPS sensors and also lipo monitor sensors as well.
Easy to do but nonetheless it seems that each OpenTx upgrade requires editing especially in the telemetry and display pages.

RTG
Raythegreat

Post by Raythegreat »

Hi,

A few additional comments about discovering telemetry sensors.

I'm using the 2.2.1 (latest) but I noticed that since openTX 2.1.9 we need to delete and re-discover telemetry sensors when we remove a sensor and power cycle the plane; power off, put back the sensor and power on.

As a concrete example:

1- All sensors and telemetry worked well (GPS fRSky, Lipo monitor FrSky, temperature and RPM Frsy all on X8R receiver).
2- Power off and remove the GPS sensor only.
3- Power on the plane and test other things than telemetry without GPS.
4- Power off and put back GPS sensor in airplane.
5- Power on ---- > GPS coordinates and Lipo units don't work anymore (GPS output strange values and Lipo sensor V unit previously set is changed to IOL).

By doing a remove and discover new sensors I can recuperate everything but before 2.1.9 we did not have to do this.

Any thoughts?
Normal?
Is that a known problem?

Thanks,
RTG

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

No, should not happen. Sounds like one of your sensors might either have a wrong/conflicting ID, or you simply have a faulty cable.
Raythegreat

Post by Raythegreat »

Thanks Kilrah,

Well, I don't touch the airplane and when I do the remove and discover on my transmitter all works after.
I don't think it is a cable issue and the sensors work well after the discover and work well all the time.
But being scientific here, no possibility has to be rejected.

My opinion: I do not think it is a hardware issue since I did not touch the airplane and it went from not working to working after doing a discovery.

RTG

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”