X6R lost bind and will not rebind

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
GerryR

X6R lost bind and will not rebind

Post by GerryR »

I have an X6R receiver which I am using with a Taranis Transmitter. I had bound the rx and installed it in a plane, was all set to fly but the receiver lost bind. I have tried to rebind it but with no success. When I push the FS button and connect power, I get a solid red LED but no green LED. Going to the bind function on the transmitter and hearing the bind tone, the red LED on the receiver stays steady. I have tried the bind method shown on the instructions which tells me to jump channels 5 and 6, still no bind. I tried binding a spare X8R and it bound perfectly, I don't understand why the rx worked perfectly on Tuesday, but is now useless on Friday? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks for any help in advance.

kalle123

Re: X6R lost bind and will not rebind

Post by kalle123 »

Have a X6R, which lost bind. But could rebind it on the flying field. Replaced that X6R with a spare one.
One thing I did, was reflash the X6R with X6/8R_150115.frk.

Will check from time to time, if that rx loses bind again .....
athertop

Post by athertop »

I had this exact same issue last night with my X6R. Mine is using the latest EU LBT firmware. I have had it bound to my taranis plus for over a month on a Bix 3 plane, and about a week ago I transferred it to a new Cloud Surfer model I am building and its been working in my workshop in this model for about a week (still on the original bind I did over a month ago, and suddenly last night it lost its bind. I did a fresh bind without issue, but its a real nuisance when this happens. A few weeks ago I had the same issue on an X4R Rx on my mini quad. I re-bound it in the field and again it was Ok, but a little concerning how this is happening, and on more than one Rx!
lancaster

Post by lancaster »

I have also had to rebind my new X6R

I thought it was because I had removed the XjT module, used another module and then replaced the XJT module

Return to “Hardware”