9X mode

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
PoppyAnn

9X mode

Post by PoppyAnn »

can some one tell me what mode the stranded module uses?
i am not sure if i used the correct term with mode but what i want is if it uses FHSS,ACCST,DSSS,DSMX,DSM2 etc.

thanks for any help.
regards Poppy Ann.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: 9X mode

Post by MikeB »

My Flysky module says: AFHDS.
This is specific to the standard module and is NOT compatible with other 'modes'.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

PoppyAnn wrote:can some one tell me what mode the stranded module uses?
i am not sure if i used the correct term with mode but what i want is if it uses FHSS,ACCST,DSSS,DSMX,DSM2 etc.

thanks for any help.
regards Poppy Ann.
The usual terminology is "protocol." Broadly speaking different protocols are not mutually compatible, but the FlySky protocol is also used by some of the micro helis, DSM2 has become something of a standard for low priced radios (Orange and Lemon), and DSM2/DSMX are interoperable.

Another issue is how the various protocols work. Most current ones are full frequency hopping, but DSM2 uses a pair of frequencies selected by the transmitter each time it's turned on.

What exactly is your question getting at? Are you asking if FlySky/Turnigy 9x uses the same protocol as any other radio? Answer is no.
PoppyAnn

Post by PoppyAnn »

i just wanted to know what mode (protocol) the 9X transmitter came with as from Hobby King for some reason i can not find it mentioned anywhere.
I bought extra modules for DSMX (DSM2) and ACCst but i wanted to know what the standard module it arrives with is.

regards Poppy Ann.
slebetman

Post by slebetman »

The standard module uses a protocol known as FlySky V2. They probably have a fancy marketing name for it but so far HobbyKing simply refer it as the V2 (version 2) protocol. And so far nobody has called it anything else (not even FlySky themselves). So 9x users have simply been calling it the FlySky V2 protocol.

FlySky is the original manufacturer of the radio. They sell their products mostly as OEM so you'll see them marketed as Turnigy, Eurgle or WLToys. But they also sell directly so you do find FlySky branded radios out there.

On HobbyKing, FlySky receivers are sold as Turnigy and HobbyKing branded receivers. These are the recievers that will bind with the 9x:

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__ ... r_V2_.html
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__ ... Ch_V2.html
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__ ... r_3Ch.html

They're also sold under various other brands: Eurgle, FlySky etc.

Oh also the WLToys V911 micro heli is known to bind to the stock 9x. The v911's motherboard is sold as spare part and it includes two ultra micro servos soldered onto it and a built-in brushed esc. Scratchbuilders have been using it to build 3 channel micro rc planes.

So that's 3 receivers and one hackable toy. Not much choice but considering you have 3, 6 and 8 channels it should cover quite a wide range of applications. At the moment they're the cheapest receivers you can find.

Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

There's a very complete answer for you. Does it do what you need?
PoppyAnn

Post by PoppyAnn »

Many thanks Slebetman that helps a lot i just did not want to go out and buy a module that i all ready own.

regards
Poppy Ann.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Now I see what you were getting at.

Good luck.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Now I see what you were getting at.

Good luck.
hexfet

Post by hexfet »

slebetman wrote: Oh also the WLToys V911 micro heli is known to bind to the stock 9x. The v911's motherboard is sold as spare part and it includes two ultra micro servos soldered onto it and a built-in brushed esc. Scratchbuilders have been using it to build 3 channel micro rc planes.

So that's 3 receivers and one hackable toy. Not much choice but considering you have 3, 6 and 8 channels it should cover quite a wide range of applications. At the moment they're the cheapest receivers you can find.
The Syma X1 quadcopter also binds to Flysky V2. It's a great starter quad for beginners.

Return to “Hardware”