smart bus and sport question

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
csquared

smart bus and sport question

Post by csquared »

I am new to the Taranis. Just got my radio last week.
I am using the x8r receiver. I see connections for both sbus and smart port on the receiver.
As I understand it smart port is for the newer sensors and sbus is for the older sensors.
My question is can I have sensors on both types connected at the same time? Most of my sensors are smart port
sensors, however I would like to use the 100 amp sensor which only comes as a sbus device.
Can I have both smart port sensors and sbus sensors connected to the receiver at the same time
and will the transmitter recognize and display both types at the same time?

Kilrah

Re: smart bus and sport question

Post by Kilrah »

S-Port is for new telemetry sensors.
S-Bus is not for telemetry, but for control (see Futaba S-Bus system docs). It basically supplies the positions for all 16 supported channels.

Old telemtry sensors can't be connected to the receiver. They can only interface with an X receiver through the Smart port vario.
crocky

Post by crocky »

Do you have a link available for Futaba S-Bus system docs? I am just starting to play with a Taranis X8R receiver and a Naza V2 and it says that it is Sbus compatible and it appears to be able to talk to it, but it would be nice to get a look at the docs for it.
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

Google Futaba sBus protocol.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1

Return to “Hardware”