simulator port stopped working after fitting light.

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
PoppyAnn

simulator port stopped working after fitting light.

Post by PoppyAnn »

hi i have a 9x radio and i did the mod to get the trainer port/ simulator port to work and it did work out great but after i fitted the usbasp programmer plus the screen light it has stopped working, has anyone else come across this problem?

regards Poppy Ann.

jhsa

Re: simulator port stopped working after fitting light.

Post by jhsa »

What did stop working? the radio? the trainer port? what happens if you disconnect the backlight?

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
PoppyAnn

Post by PoppyAnn »

the trainer port stopped working, up to now i have not to unplug the light yet i will give it a try and see if it makes any difference, not sure why i did not think of that brain is asleep.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I thought there was/is a circuit error on the HK BL board that when installed will disable the trainer port if you kept the stock board.
You didn't post what your mods actually are in detail. Did you do the FET BL mod? Please post more mods details please.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

That is why I asked ;) Some backlights have the bad habit of not working well and do strange things ;) :D

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I found this from RCG Nov, 2011in my notes.
Training plug hardware ?
We were trying to get a PPM output on the buddy box plug on the back the 9x.
There is a PPM signal at pin10 of the Mega64 and my receivers work .

The Sim_ctr pin 19 is at 5V all the time no matter how we setup the training
menu. If I shorted the base of Q1 to ground then I get the PPM on the Training connector.

We tried with the main power switch turned off or on it didn't matter.

Tonight we took the time and found our problem why no PPM at the training plug.

We had installed the HobbyKing Backlight on our unit. The so called plug and play.Turnigy 9X LCD Backlight Kit.

Here is what we found.
On backlikghts kit red wires goes to a connector that has heat shrink on it. If you remove heat shrink you'll see that it has a little jumper wire
on the circuit board to a resistor that connects to a red power wire going to the LED pannel.

That makes a short for pin 5 to pin 3 of that 6 pin connector.
With that short from the two pins you all ways have power on pin 5 .
I cut the PC board trace into from that connector pins 5 and that goes to the PC board resistor.
That side of that resistor is were the little jumper wire going to pin 3.
Pin 3 is battery power.
with that short That makes it so pin 5 can never go to zero volts. That in turn keeps Q1 on all the time.

No PPM can go to the training connector

If some one need a picture let me know .
Last edited by Charles Beener author.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383258348.307379.jpg
PoppyAnn

Post by PoppyAnn »

hi there, this is what i have done, i did the mod to get the trainer port working first and i did the mod that you cut a track and solder in a 1K resister in the module and that was working great, then i did the mod to flash the transmitter using a USBASP and soldered the wires direct to the board and fitted the programmer permanently in the transmitter then i fitted the HK back light but i did no mod to it i just plugged it straight in.

i did notice that the main power switch on the transmitter when switched fully off that the back light comes on dim but if i turn it off but leave it slightly up then it goes off completely which i will test today to check if the switch is at fault i just checked the switch and it is working correctly, i noticed that the switch is a double poll double throw so when it is in the "off" position it is still sending power to one wire the green one which i do not know why the transmitter has power to any part of it when switched off.

i will try the mod to the back light and see if that makes a difference.

thanks for all the tips, regards Poppy Ann.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

When the main switch is off, it connects the charging circuit. That is why you see some voltage comming out of it I think.

Please remove the backlight, check if you still have the same problem and report back..
Normally we don't do the 1K resistor mod anymore as we now have the PPMSIM feature. Just enable it on the general settings menu. Also if you use a frsky RF module this mod is not needed anyway.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:

Return to “Hardware”