What heading do I come under

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
Jimmckeown

What heading do I come under

Post by Jimmckeown »

I have a Turnigy 9x TGY v2 with a FrSky DHT 2 way DIY modification.

This required a 3 way switch to change from 1) one way receiver, 2) 2 way receiver (osd equipment) and 3) Firmware upgrades. On the other side of my tx I have a small pcb with a switch to bind the receiver and a LED. I Also have the usb programer to upgrade the firmware in the TGY 9x v2 via a windows program call fdd_lite, I think!

This includes a Protostack system that uses a usb programer that connects to the pc that runs on a program called eePe.

The downstream end of the cable is 10 wires wide of which 6 are soldered to the motherboard (TYG 9x v2).

Now I'm concerned about by the descriptions used in the headings in these forums as to where I should be devoting my time.

I would like to be current in all of the mentioned areas. My interest centers around developing a progressively more complex series of commends that I want to save and build up a library on.

When browse 9x News and Information I find little related to my choice of hardware, in some respects you are all miles a head of me. Some of the terminology as to whether an Frsky9x is what I have or is it Flysky9x.

I believe Frsky means free and Flysky is a company that uses the Turnigy or what ever TX.

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Re: What heading do I come under

Post by Rob Thomson »

First off..

Frsky: is a brand of transmitter modules and receivers. They can be used in any TX. http://www.frsky-rc.com

Flysky: is a company that makes all of the 9x radios. They are sold under different brand names. They also sell receivers. http://www.flysky-cn.com/eindex.asp

Secondly...

The best way to keep current is to use the 'view unread' links. Generally keep an eye on everything :P

Thirdly...

What exactly do you want to know? This will help point you to a more localized thread.

Lastly...
The firmwares on this forum work on ANY th9 based radio. Once you understand that the Turnigy is just a flysky with a different badge.. no problem.

Not sure if that helps you through the first steps?

Rob
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!

Return to “Hardware”