Jumper T12 3 Position switch wont work

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
burkeomatic

Jumper T12 3 Position switch wont work

Post by burkeomatic »

Good evening.

I have a new to me jumper t12. I loaded up the most recent open TX fw to the Jumper, and the most recent firmware to my ELRS stuff.

I have the beta flight PWM transmitter, and I need CH5 to switch my zohd kopilot between modes. However, when I move my 3 position switch, it only works in two positions. The switch should work as follows:

UP - RTH

MIDDLE - Manual

DOWN- Stabilized

However, both UP and MIDDLE it stays in RTH, and DOWN is Stabilized mode. It is completely skipping the middle mode. The screen reads 100, 0, -100 as I flip through the switch.

I configured my switch according to these directions.

https://oscarliang.com/setup-switch-opentx/

Additionally, I tried moving it to different switches, and all of them acted the same.

I found this thread, and found some options to try in there, but none of them worked for me.

viewtopic.php?t=10598

Any ideas?

Kilrah

Re: Jumper T12 3 Position switch wont work

Post by Kilrah »

burkeomatic wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:17 am The screen reads 100, 0, -100 as I flip through the switch.
If the channel monitor does show this then the radio correctly puts out 3 positions and you need to look elsewhere, either ELRS or the flight controller.
Note that ELRS only supports 2 positions on some channels depending on configuration so that might need setting up/using another channel that does support more.
burkeomatic

Post by burkeomatic »

Kilrah wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:59 am
burkeomatic wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:17 am The screen reads 100, 0, -100 as I flip through the switch.
If the channel monitor does show this then the radio correctly puts out 3 positions and you need to look elsewhere, either ELRS or the flight controller.
Note that ELRS only supports 2 positions on some channels depending on configuration so that might need setting up/using another channel that does support more.
You are exactly right. The problem was with ELRS and not my radio.

By default, the PWM receiver is mapped to CH5 being Output 5. Output 5 is AUX 1 which only allows 2 positions 1000 and 2000, and I wasn't able to get that 1500 position I wanted for manual flight mode.

I got on the ELRS discord and asked, and they stated that I should change the receiver output 5 to CH6(AUX2). So I connected my wifi, made the change in my rx, and then mapped the button I wanted on my TX to CH6 and it worked like a charm. I got the failsafe set up on it and it works perfectly.

This is what it looked like when i was done. I appreciate the help, hopefully someone finds this and it helps them.

ImageScreenshot 2022-06-11 083119 by Burkeomatic, on Flickr
Billa

Post by Billa »

So by changing the mapping for channel 5 to cater for elrs can we then use channel 5 for the mode switch for the kopilot?
Billa

Post by Billa »

Hi Burkiomatic
When you say "I connected my wifi and made the change" could you please explain in detail what you did/connected to, to make the changes. What website did you use to make changes?
Any help will be much appreciated.

Return to “Hardware”