9x Radio Rebooting Problem Horizontal Trims Digital Ground Fix

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
TheCirodi

9x Radio Rebooting Problem Horizontal Trims Digital Ground Fix

Post by TheCirodi »

FOTO3.jpg
(514.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
FOTO2.jpg
(603.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet
FOTO1.jpg
FOTO1.jpg (164.95 KiB) Viewed 1390 times
Hello all,
I'm back to already discussed matter in different topics with different solutions.
Anyway I found interesting what has been posted on an Italian forum (as ref. https://www.baronerosso.it/forum/radioc ... vin-6.html).
It appears a smart way, however I would avoid ways too much smart to apparently solve the issue.
I translate in english what it is stated there.

"In each horizontal trim (right and left) we have to cut the ORANGE cable (the one of the classic modification) and the TWO RED cables that are in the center of the two three-pin connectors close to the connector ... see PHOTO1

At this point we peel these three wires and solder them TOGETHER, I recommend excellent soldering. Then we insulate the junction FOR GOOD! (I used a cap made of heat shrink tubing which, when cooled, also provides a certain mechanical rigidity to the whole.

We reposition the printed circuits of the horizontal trims on which I repeat NO TRACK SHOULD BE CUT !!! and fix them with screws in place.

Then we execute (exactly as in the original modification !!!) the two bridges between the COMMON of the two buttons of the horizontal trim plate and the COMMON of the buttons of the respective vertical trims. see PHOTO2 / PHOTO3.
"

Could any expert be so kind to tell me if this solution is correct and effectively solves?

Thanks a lot!

Sergio

Return to “Hardware”