Voltage drop in 9x

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
Rad

Re: Voltage drop in 9x

Post by Rad »

MikeB wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:05 pm I'm wondering if the Green chip is clocking the watchdog faster, and using some unused bits in the configuration register to set up the longer timeouts. Either that, or the watchdog is just not working properly.

I've just posted a new test version that includes a 300mS software driven watchdog, while leaving the hardware watchdog set to 0.5 seconds (nominal).
If that works, I'll do another test version with something in that tests the hardware watchdog timeout to see what it actually is.

Mike
It seems to work! I have been testing all the menus like crazy, top speed, and also slow paced for a while and the radio has not been reseted and I have not seen any voltage drop. Whatever you are doing it seems to work!

I could leave the radio with this firmware for good unless you want to do something different. Thank you very much! Ill keep my eye on the thread until you guide me further.

EDIT: After spending a longer while creating models, mixing and just navigating I experienced the voltage drop only once. But it did not reset. Still seems fine to me.
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'll think on what to do permanently. Maybe I need to build a '128 version specifically for the Green processor. I think that will be the easiest solution since I don't like the idea of adding the 300mS software watchdog to the standard '128 version as that would increase the watchdog timeout to 0.8 seconds.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Rad

Post by Rad »

MikeB wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:05 pm I'll think on what to do permanently. Maybe I need to build a '128 version specifically for the Green processor. I think that will be the easiest solution since I don't like the idea of adding the 300mS software watchdog to the standard '128 version as that would increase the watchdog timeout to 0.8 seconds.

Mike
Whatever you do, will be fine. By my side there is absolutelly no need to keep updating the firmware of this Green version after having a working release of it. This radio is for a friend of mine and I dont see himself updating it at all. And also I dont want to steal more of your time, you all helped me a lot along the years.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Easy to add the extra build, so I've posted a '128 version for the Green processor created by doing a full build of all versions, so it will be updated and released with all the other versions.
Please could you check it out.
It has the software watchdog, extended to 350mS, with the actual hardware watchdog configured for 2 seconds.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Rad

Post by Rad »

MikeB wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:44 pm Easy to add the extra build, so I've posted a '128 version for the Green processor created by doing a full build of all versions, so it will be updated and released with all the other versions.
Please could you check it out.
It has the software watchdog, extended to 350mS, with the actual hardware watchdog configured for 2 seconds.

Mike
Tested!
I did several hundreds of clicks and I think I have only seen one voltage drop, when changing one model. But it took me hundreds of clicks. After that I tried to make a video to show you and I clicked until my fingers bleeded and it did not happen again. So I think pretty much the issue is gone!

Thank you very much! I will be shipping the radio on wednesday so I will have time for some fixes, if there are.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Looks good then, thanks for testing. I'll have a version for the Green CPU in new test versions and future releases.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “Hardware”