S8R won't go into self check

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
Wildvortex

S8R won't go into self check

Post by Wildvortex »

I have tried every and anything to get this RX to go into self check. When I switch the switch for ch 12 all the way the plane tries to self level so I know 12 is working. I have made a curve so that it can not fully switch past center. I have set end limits so it can't go past 0 nothing seems to work. I have tried switching fast switching slow. Everything.

So any help would be great.

Also is the firmware open source as well?

Wildvortex

Re: S8R won't go into self check

Post by Wildvortex »

Just an update on my issue this is on a gasser and what I've found is if you have to reverse your throttle servo in any way be it a curve, a reverse on the first tab throttle reverse or in the mix or on the outputs it will prevent you from going into self check. I haven't checked yet but setting limits above -100 on Throttle might also keep you from doing that.
not quite sure how I'm going to proceed because I have to reverse my throttle probably just do the self test reverse the throttle and hopefully never have to do self test again
jtaylor

Post by jtaylor »

Thanks for the update. Something to keep in mind.

Jim
thebriars0

Post by thebriars0 »

Sounds like you have not set up the self check switch correctly, either way it looks a bit complicated, you don't need a curve. It shouldn't go into auto level mode, it does a distinct up/down movement on the surfaces a couple of times. Full instructions on setting the SxR can be found here in the "How To" section part 2.https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopi ... =45&t=8724
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

In his case he did set up the self check switch correctly. The SxR requires that channel 3 (nominally the throttle channel) has a short pulse width (less than 1.1mS according to my testing) to allow channel 12 to initiate self check. As he needs the throttle reversed to control a servo, a low throttle setting is sending something near to 2.0mS, so self check doesn't start.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Wildvortex

Post by Wildvortex »

thebriars0 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:22 am Sounds like you have not set up the self check switch correctly, either way it looks a bit complicated, you don't need a curve. It shouldn't go into auto level mode, it does a distinct up/down movement on the surfaces a couple of times. Full instructions on setting the SxR can be found here in the "How To" section part 2.https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopi ... =45&t=8724
This was not my first S8R setup. Because it would not enter selfcheck, I did a curve to ensure that it did stop at 0 with each switch. The problem is that it will not enter selfcheck with a reversed throttle or as Mike found throttle above -80(although that seems to be irratic as my - side limit is set at -66 and it does enter selfcheck.)
Wildvortex

Post by Wildvortex »

I guess Mike covered that already

Return to “Hardware”