T16 Pro button help please.

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
pianopraze

T16 Pro button help please.

Post by pianopraze »

Problem: T16 circle button under RTN button, when I press and hold nothing happens.

Just stopped working yesterday and I don't know if it is hardware or software.

I'm such a blooming idiot noob I don't even know what question to ask. I need that button to work, could I have accidentally pushed something on the radio, or changed a setting accidentally in software that makes it stop working? Or is it just a hardware issue and I'm screwed???

Very frustrated with my own ignorance, please help!

Thanks,
piano

Kilrah

Re: T16 Pro button help please.

Post by Kilrah »

In the radio the different boards are connected by ribbon cables and they always cause problems, you need to try and reseat them.
pianopraze

Post by pianopraze »

Thank you for quick reply. I opened it up and all the boards seem to be connected well. Here are some photos.

main board

switch

Anything else I can try? The switch (second photo the switch in question is at top of page) looks fine. I just bought the T16 a couple months ago, and it had been working fine connected to my computer using Drone Simulation software.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Did you just look at the cables or did you actually open the ribbon connectors and make sure they are properly seated?
My T16 worked OK to start with, then later the buttons on the left started behaving oddly. While the ribbon cable looked OK I had to open the connector and remove then replace the ribbon in it a close it, then the buttons worked OK again.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
pianopraze

Post by pianopraze »

OK, so I unplugged the ribbon cable.

I worked and worked with it. Finally got it to work.

Put it back together... and again it isn't working.

So it IS the cable. You all are right. But I took it apart and worked for an hour or two and could not get it to work again.

I am SOOOO frustrated. Those cables and connectors are absolute c**p.

Don't know how to proceed. I wish I could return this thing. So very sad, especially because I was initially so happy with it. Guess I buy a new cable. Not sure if it is the cable or the connector though.

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Never seen people needing to actua y replace a cable, sometimes turning it (swap both ends) helps.
But yes it's a major issue on this radio, we hear of multiple people having the problem every single day.
pianopraze

Post by pianopraze »

One end is literally glued to the board. So I can't reverse the cable! I guess they had trouble with it when they were assembling it in the factory.

I could only get it to work that once... then by time I had it back together it stopped working, now I can't get it working at all. So some part of it is bad, I will start with and hope it is only the cable!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

It could be some cold/bad soldering..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “Hardware”