Control my quadcopter from my computer through 9XRP

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
twgray

Control my quadcopter from my computer through 9XRP

Post by twgray »

Total newbie here so forgive if this has already been asked and answered before.

I would like to be able to control a quadcopter from my computer connected to my 9XR Pro. Is there a standard way of doing this? If so, is there a software protocol defined?

Thanks for any insight!

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Control my quadcopter from my computer through 9XRP

Post by MikeB »

Are you running erskyTx or openTx on the 'PRO?
If erskyTx, then you have two options:
1. Use a USB to serial adapter on the computer and connect the serial output to the COM2, then send SBUS at 57600 baud.
This is supported in eepskye in the simulator.
2. If you have added a bluetooth module to the radio (HC-05), then you may use that with SBUS data.
In either case, the SBUS input appears as trainer data (PPM1 to PPM16) and you use these values in the mixer for control.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
jhsa

Re: Control my quadcopter from my computer through 9XRP

Post by jhsa »

Mike, in that case, joystick support for eepskye would be probably a good help. You have 2 sticks in eepskye, but only one mouse on the PC. :) Not very helpful to control anything :)

It just came to my mind that this would also be a good solution for those who would like to fly models, but cannot because they can only move one hand or one arm.
I remember someone in the past modifying a radio to connect a joystick for a friend, so he could fly his models.
In this case, and with eepskye, they wouldn't even need a radio. Only a RF module.
And everybody has a computer nowadays.
And they don't crash as much as they used to.. Providing you don't use windowzzz that is. :mrgreen:
I am joking of course :)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “Hardware”