Old hub (FSH-01) to X8r receiver

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
AndreL

Old hub (FSH-01) to X8r receiver

Post by AndreL »

Is there a way that I could connect the old hub FSH-01 to the new X8r receiver to pass on sensor data telemetry? S-port interface I would have to guess. I have many old hubs and sensors that I have built up over time and would like to still use them in the future on my 9xr pro DJT if possible. Seems that FRSKY is moving on to new hardware and slowly discontinuing old stock hence why I am inquiring before D series is no longer. Not sure why they did not make it back-word compatible in the first place. Thanx for your knowledge and suggestions.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Old hub (FSH-01) to X8r receiver

Post by MikeB »

The FrSky vario sensor is designed to act as a "bridge" for this purpose. You connect the SPort of the vario to the X8R, and connect the hub output to the vario.
Because that exists, I haven't done anything else for this purpose.
I have done code for an Arduino that does the opposite, takes SPort sensors and converts tham to hub protocol.
I've also got firmware that runs on a D8R-II or D4R-II that still handles hub telemetry, but operates in D16 mode (like 'X' series). I had two successful test flights with it yesterday.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
AndreL

Re: Old hub (FSH-01) to X8r receiver

Post by AndreL »

Thanks Mike - I will have to give that a try. Purpose of the question was that I still like my nitro, and all my tanks have fuel sensors that I have built and use to overcome consumption guessing. I have not seen a new fuel sensor from sky ever since FGS-01. Sadly, i didn't have a chance to obtain one hence the inspiration to designing and building a viable replacement.

Return to “Hardware”