no signal from from signal pin in module bay

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
jeffspin

no signal from from signal pin in module bay

Post by jeffspin »

i have no signal from the bottom pin used for updating firmware to receivers.
My r9 module only shows a red light in the back when plugged in and does not bind to any other receivers any more.
I cant update the firmware to the actual r9 module when plugged in the back it just gives me an error message on my x9d when i press enter to update to external device.
Also their isnt the usual 0.3 volts that was on that pin in the module bay.

Not sure if this is when it happened or not but i was updating an r9 mini's firmware and had the ground and vcc dead shorted on the mini, i wasnt able to update the mini even after i found my mistake , so i hooked it up conventional with sbus and used it in a quad one time( it worked as expected that once) but that was it, and now i cant even get the module to bind to anything of my other receivers.
Ive updated my x9d firmware to latest open tx and still nothing.
Any sudgestion ? seems like hardware to me but i dont really know where to start.

Kilrah

Re: no signal from from signal pin in module bay

Post by Kilrah »

Hard to understand the post, but it seems like the power supply output to the module slot got destroyed by the short circuit.
jeffspin

Re: no signal from from signal pin in module bay

Post by jeffspin »

well, in the module slot their are 5 pins , im not sure what the top 2 on the taranis x9d are used for but the bottom 3 from the bottom up is a signal or data pin,ground ,and voltage from the battery.
On my taranis now, i have power from the battery (7 volts), and ground, but the bottom pin is marking 0 volts on a multimeter and i "think" it should show 0.3 or so volts when the taranis is powered . Anyway , i cant update firmware to receivers or to the r9m either and im guessing it has to do with what i'm seeing on my meter and that i had short circuited the the ground and power once accidentally . Just wondering if anyone has done this before ,,maybe ordered one of the circuit boards from frsky or any bit of direction on fixing instead of replacing it would be great.
thanks in advance jeff

Return to “Hardware”