Horus X10S with 2 RX*R PRO's and 2 XM+ receivers

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
tonnie78

Horus X10S with 2 RX*R PRO's and 2 XM+ receivers

Post by tonnie78 »

Hello All,

To really use all of my Horus X10S I am trying the following.

I want to use all 32 channels of my Horus.

So I have bought 2 RX8R Pro's together with 2 XM+'s. I have connected the SBUS out from one XM+ to the SBUS in from the RX8R Pro to get a redundant receiver system. I want to use channel 9-16 PWM output from the RX8R Pro to directly control 8 servo's. Next to that I have an 8 channel S-Bus to PWM converter in my model connected to the SBUS out of the RX8R Pro.

I also installed a second external XJT Module in my Horus and I have a the RX8R Pro XM+ combi in my model twice. This second combi I want to bind to the external unit.

Can someone please explain how to Bind the RX8R pro to the Horus internal module so I get channel 1-16 out on SBUS and 9-16 on PWM with Telemetry ON. I have tried simply by binding while selecting Chanel 9-16 telemetry ON on the transmittor, but then I only get 9-16 on SBUS no response on PWM pins on receiver.

Kilrah

Re: Horus X10S with 2 RX*R PRO's and 2 XM+ receivers

Post by Kilrah »

You probably messed with the "channel range". You want that 1-16 for internal module, and 17-32 for external.
tonnie78

Post by tonnie78 »

I have 1-16 selected for internal module.

Tried to bind receiver in both 1-8 telemetry on ans 9-16 telemetry on. Never could get PWM and SBUS out at the same time. Also tried bridging pin 1 and 2 + 3 and 4 like in the manual for X8R.

I found a simular story from someone who had this issue on a Taranis. He was able to solve it with an update of the module firmware. Could that influence this on a Horus too?

tonnie78

Post by tonnie78 »

I and I forgot to mention but thank you for your reply Kilrah.

Great respect for the amount of work you put in to make OpenTx a succes.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

I don't know if there is a minimum requred firmware version for the X10 internal module nor for the RX8R Pro for the binding options to work like with the Taranis.

tonnie78

Post by tonnie78 »

Just to prevent misunderstandings

There was no problem in binding the RX8R with XM+.

In my stupidity I set channel override on channel 9 to 13 previously to demonstrate something and forgot all about it.

Return to “Hardware”