Failsafe/loose signal internal and external module X9D+

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
fr3style

Failsafe/loose signal internal and external module X9D+

Post by fr3style »

Hi Guys.

New to the forum.

So long story short.

I have a X9d+ and a Old ass Crossfire module I got on the day they launched them.

Have the 2.2.0 FW on the Taranis and second to latest on the crossfire ( the big one with bluetooth ) module

I never ever had a failsafe on my Taranis using internal module and X8r x4r recievers. And dang it I have flewn further then I would belive this would ever work with.

Then as the hype of crossfire and seeing that I wanna start flying in waves with surfers pretty far out. Well why not dust of the crossfire and try it out.

I imidiately noticed I was getting low rssi signal warnings screamed at me from the taranis. And this was 30 meteres away.. So i upped to 100Mw and same issue. Tried to reposition the antennas on the quad and still same issue. Tried another RX and antenna. Same issue.

Went to fly again a bit and trying other small things and all of a sudden the taranis got into a loop of saying lost signal found signal without end. Even at 2 meters away from the drone. Oh yeah my friends all flying at the same place no one having issues and its out in the woods no cell towers or any radio within kilometers!

Decided to ditch the TBS crossfire and go back to only using the internal radio. But now sometimes when I fly I loose signal at sometimes 10meters away.

Emailed FrSky about this and they replied could be my backboard and it needs to be checked.
I live in Portugal. Sending that in and gettting it fixed and sent back will take WEEKS. like minium 4 to 5 im guessing.

I wanna fly... any one have any solutions or anything i might try to fix this. Or should i just order a backboard and send mine in then have a backup when its returned. Or could this be another issue..

Return to “Hardware”