Frsky tfr4 reciever and futaba 18sz

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
bigvern

Frsky tfr4 reciever and futaba 18sz

Post by bigvern »

Hi there, I am having an issue with my Futaba 18sz and a TFR4 reciever with regard to binding. the issue is as follows.

i can get it to bind OK once then go flying, next time I come to use it it has lost its bind, sometimes its OK sometimes its not, its slightly worrying as this weekend I have had a lucky escape with my DLG which apperared to loose its bind about 20ft up in the air

Any ideas ??? I have set the transmitter to 7 ch FASST by the way

ReneeDegutis

Re: Frsky tfr4 reciever and futaba 18sz

Post by ReneeDegutis »

Hello bigvern,

Have you checked the RCGroups forum? The thing that disappoints me the most is that Futaba 18sza doesn't have a good receiver for DLGs.
ReneeDegutis

Re: Frsky tfr4 reciever and futaba 18sz

Post by ReneeDegutis »

Update: check the thread which I forgot to include in the previous post - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthr ... utaba-18SZofficial
First of all, it is necessary to understand the reason of connection loss, if it is a software or hardware problem. If it's possible, you need to tie the remote to another similar receiver, check whether the connection is lost and similarly check the receiver. But most likely the problem is software. There are known cases in which the manufacturer in the controller prescribed the algorithms to maintain the durability of the battery, and this led to the fact that the device was not working properly, namely, lost connection with the remote control, some commands did not work. In my opinion, the loss of connection may be due to the fact that the microprocessor has some peculiar power saving commands and they somehow break the connection.

Return to “Hardware”