Horus x12s 'Bricked

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
25wood25

Horus x12s 'Bricked

Post by 25wood25 »

A member of my flying club has asked me to try to mend a Frsky x12s that he bought new only about six months ago. From what I understand he tried to load OpenTX onto the radio but did not make a backup of the original FROS system. The transmitter is completely ‘black screened’ only the charging light is on when charger plugged in. I have managed to ‘wake up’ the tranny by downloading the Open TX firmware to an SD card using Companion software. Any help to return the tranny to the frsky original software would be appreciated .

I have managed to upload a dfu file to the tranny using companion. Held the power button down, Updating started, Note- Flash done, 'welcome to HorUs'. Then downloaded the latest bin file eu1503 frtx to an sd card did an update so the tranny is now reporting
Hardware X12S EU14
Software 1.5.03
Unfortunately the opening screen is not the expected HORUS splash screen but when the tranny is switched on it goes straight to 'create model'. When I try to create the first model it asks me to load and then displays a dialog box 'config file is not exist' . CANNOT GET PAST THIS. I can get into the 'SYSTEM' 'MODEL' And 'Telemetry' screens but cannot get past 'config file is not exist' message. Help I've been on this for too long!

Kilrah

Re: Horus x12s 'Bricked

Post by Kilrah »

Connect the radio via USB and copy the flash files from the FrSky website onto the internal memory drive.

Return to “Hardware”