S.Port output on a Q X7 radio?

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
ShowMaster

Re: S.Port output on a Q X7 radio?

Post by ShowMaster »

Really good answer Mike! If I have time or a reason, I'll try both TX's to verify it.
We discussed these two options earlier and I was good on using the module bay pins as I would on a Taranis or Plus being my first version Qx7 was missing the lower pins.
It was reading about this on other (so many) forums, that it was said that both options weren't available in the latest otx2.2. Without actually doing it, It did seem a shame for early Qx7 owners.

As always, thank you for your help and patience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I only have an early QX7, so I can't test the smart port in the base. As a result, I haven't implemented using it in ersky9x, it only uses the module bay pins.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
rlarenas

Post by rlarenas »

Hello guys, well I got a newer taranis X7, but i'm uneable tio flash my rx using the bottom s-port in the tx.. I've got this message "FW bottom pin no resp" the RX turn on just a fraction of sec then,it turn off and i've got the message on the radio..

I'm Ussing O-TX 2.2.0

Any help?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Make sure the cable is OK and NOT crossed.
l0gicNZ

Post by l0gicNZ »

Hi guys, I posted earlier in the thread about getting telemetry data out of a Q X7.

I'm not sure my post was understood. The X9D had a serial/UART port in the battery bay, does anyone know if the X7 has the same, or it it can be tapped into anywhere? Hoping I can get a project underway without having to pick up another radio.

Thanks in advance.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

No the X7 doesn't have that serial port. It does have the SPort on the bottom though, so you can get at the SPort telemetry data from there. What do you want to achieve?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Raffa

Post by Raffa »

Do I need to set something up, in the qx7 to get telemetry data over s.port.

In my project I want to display the GPS data on my smartphone and if it's possible send waypoints to the FC.
Webe

Post by Webe »

Hi all,

what is needed on a 2021 Model QX7 ACCESS Taranis to output the SmartPort telemetry stream out of the Transmitter to use on the Frsky Airlink-S Adapter, or alternatevely any SERIAL READER / FTDI-adapter? I am using OpenTX 2.3.13 :?

-the SmartPort plug on the bottom of the Taranis does not send out telemetry data. Its more for updating frsky sensors.

-the internal (empty) BT-Module bay does not send out signals on TX-line (when you select 'telemetry' in HW settings of OpenTX the signal goes high but thats it - viewed on oscilloscope)

-the only way getting out something to a pc or app in realtime was to use the a original Frky "Airlink S" and the "Freelink" software App for PC or mobile (feels more like a beta atm but ok) which is getting some telemetry data over smartport when connected to the RECEIVER. But how to get it out of QX7 Transmitter, not a QX7S or better?

Has someone ever added a BT-Module to a QX7 and flashed it with the correct sw? RF-BM-S02 (used in the S Models) or better another module?
I found some info here: here ?? but i am not sure if it would work with recent versions.

btw: MSRC is a very nice project if you want to add DIY Sensors or ESC Data on your telemetry-bus.
Last edited by Webe on Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Webe

Post by Webe »

is anybody here who knows that ?

happy new year! :D

Return to “Hardware”