Can't load companion on computer

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
pileit1

Can't load companion on computer

Post by pileit1 »

Hello all. New to this board.I will be getting a Taranis soon and want to get familiar with Companion while I'm waiting. I've got a problem downloading and installing the program.. I'm working with a laptop running VISTA premium and Firefox is my default browser.

I can download the Companion9xinstall v1.52 file and it shows in my Firefox library, but not in my downloads folder. When I click on it from the library nothing happens.

When I try to download the program using IE, it downloads but at the end of the download I get a popup labeled DESTINATION FOLDER ACCESS DENIED and it says "you need permission to perform this.
I am the only one that uses this computer and I am set as ADMIN. WHAT AM I MISSING?

dvogonen

Re: Sv: Can't load companion on computer

Post by dvogonen »

Try downloading to another destination than the default download folder. I don't use Firefox, but my guess is that you can right click the download link to bring up a menu that allows you to save to another location. Try saving to your desktop. You will absolutely have write privileges there.
Something that might cause all sorts of problems when downloading is virus scanner software. Try disabling that if you are not allowed to write to your desktop.
deaconFlyer

Re: Can't load companion on computer

Post by deaconFlyer »

Yes ... go to the preferences and tell Firefox to let you select the download location. Send it to your desktop.

Why are you choosing such an old version? Please, you want the latest version of Open-TX particularly if you are getting a Taranis Plus ... which is not supported in Companion9X.

Maybe your computer is smarter than you think?

Return to “Software”