Flysky Th9X Open TX and DSM2 Problems

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
Crashanium

Flysky Th9X Open TX and DSM2 Problems

Post by Crashanium »

Hello,

I have just built a DSM2 module using a Corona case and a DX4e module and I'm having some strange radio problems getting it to work. I have flashed the radio with the latest version on openTX using Open TX companion (2.0.13) and I can't seem to access the DSM2 protocol menu. On the second model setup screen I only get three choices - PPM, PPM16 and PPM sim.

I have selected the no of channels in the same screen as 6, so I am puzzled as to what is happening. I am a little confused by all the lastest upgrades to open TX to support the Taranis and i may have missed something obvious.

I had the radio working with an LP4 module I built last year, but that was with ER9X. Now when I tried to flash ER9X to check, AVR dude reports a problem and I don't appear to have a functioning radio anymore. Reinstalling openTX restores the radio, but still no DSM2 option. Any ideas guys.

Thanks Ian

Kilrah

Re: Flysky Th9X Open TX and DSM2 Problems

Post by Kilrah »

You need to select the DSM firmware option in companion, redownload and reflash.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

To download and flash er9x use eepe not companion..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Crashanium

Post by Crashanium »

Kilrah,

You nailed it. I had DSM selected in the model, but not in the firmware. Module now working, I just have to program the MCPx into it.

many Thanks Ian
Kilrah wrote:You need to select the DSM firmware option in companion, redownload and reflash.

Return to “Software”