opentx

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
25wood25

opentx

Post by 25wood25 »

Could not read models from radio with companion so I could not get any .bin files for the models. Got message 'could not read radio SD card'. I decided to up date the firmware with companion to the latest build but for some reason there was no problem updating the sd card to the latest firmware version however the transmitter was restored to how it was when i initially installed open tx i.e. All models erased. I have the otx model files but I presume they are no good to retrieve the models. Any suggestions.

kalle123

Re: opentx

Post by kalle123 »

25wood25 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:53 pm Any suggestions.
YES. What radio ? to start with .....
cu KH
25wood25

Post by 25wood25 »

The radio is a frsky x12s.
I am under the impression that opentx is confined to the sd card. I cannot understand why companion can update the sd card to the latest openntx firmware but will not allow companion to read models. Also the update seemed to remove all the model memories so that when the transmitter was switched on I was back to the calibration screen. I reinstalled the opentx latest firmware and some of my model memories returned together with the widget screens!! If i go into windows device manager the bootloader is present the device is said to be working but in the events tab it says that further installation is required. In windows explorer the transmitter is not present even though when the transmitter is connected via usb the normal connection sound comes from the computer. When I install the driver with Zadig I note that the WCID box has a red cross not the expected green tick when I select the bootloader. someone on this forum suggested the I push the two trims together and swich o the radion and then connect the usb lead however I thought that all open tx proceedures should be done with the transmitter off. Any help would be appreciated
jtaylor

Post by jtaylor »

If you installed a driver with Zadig with the transmitter powered on that is your problem. The Zadig driver is only used to connect the transmitter powered off and is only needed if you completely brick your transmitter and need to recover it. If you install it with the transmitter powered in boot manager mode it erases the correct drivers. You want to get the default windows driver reinstalled. Connect the transmitter in boot manager mode.. trims toward center at power up. Connect usb to the PC. Go into device manager and remove any device comes in with delete driver option. Disconnect transmitter (might not hurt to reboot pc but shouldn't be necessary). Reconnect transmitter in boot manager mode and let Windows install the default drivers.

Jim
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

25wood25 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:40 pm I am under the impression that opentx is confined to the sd card.
That's incorrect, the firmware is in the processor's built-in memory. Only the user data is on the card.

25wood25

Post by 25wood25 »

Thanks Jim and Kilrah for you help. Uninstalled all drivers that appeared in device manager for the x12s when it was connected in boot manager mode as suuggested. Rebooted computer. Entered into bootmanager mode, connected to computer . device manager then reported under

libusbK USB Devices
FRSKY Horus Mass Storage
Driver Providor
libusK
Date 30/11/2014
Cannot understand that its not a microsoft driver but in any case if I go into Companion 2.3 and try to down load models it still says
Unable to read SD card.

Any futher suggestions please
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Because it's still wrong, uninstall that device and check the remove driver option.
25wood25

Post by 25wood25 »

Already done that but when I reconnect the radio to windows 10 it reinstalls that driver by default. I take the option to look for an updated driver on the windows update and it says that I already have the best driver for the device. I have tried this now on three separate computers all with the same result.
jtaylor

Post by jtaylor »

You are still not getting the zadig driver deleted. If you do not delete the driver it will reinstall instead of the default Windows driver.

Are you sure that when you uninstall the device you are taking the delete the driver option? https://www.technipages.com/windows-10- ... ll-drivers

Jim
25wood25

Post by 25wood25 »

Yes Jim I am ticking the box to uninstall the driver. I can only assume that windows has deposited the zadig driver into it driver data base. I will have to take my computer to work and use the computer there where zadig has not been installed. I will try to also find the windows 10 driver 'chest' to see if i can disable the zadig driver from there on my home computers. Regards
25wood25

Post by 25wood25 »

Got rid of the zadig driver. When I connect the transmitter now (power off) device shows up in device manager as STM device in DFU mode Driver Providor ST Microelectronics date 5/ 7 /2012 in events tab 'Device USB\VID_0483&PID_DF11\367B34723135 requires further installation'. I presume this is why companion can still NOT see the transmitter SD card when I try to download models. I am therfore no further forward but will keep trying
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

No, it's because accessing the SD is done in bootloader mode and not with power off as mentioned many times above.
25wood25

Post by 25wood25 »

Yes still the same result. Trims to centre power on . usb connect. still companion says it cannot access the SD card. That has been the same all the way along.
Richard

OpenTX

Post by Richard »

There is at least one situation when the fonts for one of the widgets (in my case representing Timer two, renamed as Log), show shaded, regardless of the "shade setting" I choose.
All settings with a default name (including my timer, if I do not assign it a name, do not show any issue.
screen-2021-08-25-075127.jpg
screen-2021-08-25-075127.jpg (24.15 KiB) Viewed 7516 times
The radio I am using is a Jumper T18 lite, with OpenTX version 2.3.14.
Richard
25wood25

Post by 25wood25 »

Problem sorted. Reinstalled fresh copy of win 10 pro. Must have been some malware in previous version. Thanks all for help

Return to “Software”