Can't switch to TAER in Companion

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
jdosher

Can't switch to TAER in Companion

Post by jdosher »

I'm running mostly Spektrum and LemonRX receivers so I'd like to with TAER as my default channel order. So, I've put the latest multimodule TAER firmware on my TX16S, converted a model to TAER (disabling channel re-mapping), and all is good. However, in OpenTX Companion (latest version 2.3.14), when I set the Default Channel Order in the radio profile to TAER then create a new model it still defaults to AETR in the input and mixes menu. What am I missing? I even created a new radio profile, set it to TAER, restarted Companion, made sure I'd selected the new profile, and no luck - new models still default to AETR.

Kilrah

Re: Can't switch to TAER in Companion

Post by Kilrah »

Default Channel Order in the radio profile controls how new models are made in companion, seems to wrk fine here both with a default new model and with the wizard. Note that's set at the time the new model is created.
jdosher

Post by jdosher »

Yeah, that's the expected behavior - but that's that what's happening for me. When I create a default new model or use the wizard, the channel order is still AETR, even though I've set the default channel order in the radio profile to TAER.
no TAER.JPG
(100.41 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

OK here...
Clipboard02.png
(108.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
jdosher

Post by jdosher »

I found the issue, and I think it's a bug. To reproduce:

1. create a new otx file
2. create a new model, note the channel order
3. open the radio profile and change the channel order
4. create a new model, note that the channel order does NOT follow the order specified

Default channel order is set in the radio profile, right? Not in the otx file. But it appears that if you change the channel order in a radio profile that setting is ignored, and the channel order that existed when the otx file was created overrides the setting in the radio profile.

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The setting in the radio profile is used when creating a new document to set the default channel order in radio settings there, that's all.
When you create a new model the setting in the document is used, so if you want to change it in an existing document you change the radio settings.
Clipboard01.png
(13.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet
jdosher

Post by jdosher »

Kilrah wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:41 pm The setting in the radio profile is used when creating a new document to set the default channel order in radio settings there, that's all.
When you create a new model the setting in the document is used, so if you want to change it in an existing document you change the radio settings.

Clipboard01.png
Right. But that doesn't work, specifically "...if you want to change it in an existing document...". Changing the default channel order in the radio profile does not change it in the existing document (aka otx, aka EEPROM document), and therefore does not make newly created models default to the new channel order. I think the confusion (mine, and others as well) is that it only applies to the creation of a new otx document, and doesn't do anything when changing it in an already existing document; however, if you have an otx file open, you can change the default channel order in the radio profile to your hearts content - thinking you're changing it: but the field isn't grayed out, there's no warning telling you that you're not really changing it in the current document. I think there needs to be a warning letting the user know that the change will only be applied to a newly created otx document.

Return to “Software”