Newbie trying to flash a New Turnigy 9X with eepe

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
Pele

Newbie trying to flash a New Turnigy 9X with eepe

Post by Pele »

Afternoon All

Apologies for my first post being me coming here with a problem, but I have to start somewhere I suppose :D .

I bought a new Turnigy 9X Mode 2 with the AFHDS 2A system, and from what I read I can unlock its true potential using the ER9X firmware, but I am having troubles using eepe to get it to do anything. I am unsure if this is an eepe or avrdude issue, or the usbtiny I am using. It looks like it is using the Green processor, however thats about all I can make out as what is on the chip has either rubbed off or is covered by a green dot in the middle.

The usbtiny I bought is This One from Amazon, was too impatient to wait for one from China, and it seem to be installed correctly with latest drivers.

These are my settings:
Screenshot 2021-02-28 135636.jpg
(80.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
And this is the error message I get when trying to read from the TX:

Code: Select all

=================================================================================
Started AVRDUDE
C:/Program Files (x86)/eePe/avrdude.exe -c usbtiny -p m128 -P usb -U flash:r:C:/Users/peter/Documents/Transmitter/Orig9xFirm.bin:r
=================================================================================

avrdude.exe: error: usbtiny_receive: usb_control_msg: sending control message failed, win error: A device which does not exist was specified.

(expected 4, got -5)
avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | 
avrdude.exe: error: usbtiny_receive: usb_control_msg: sending control message failed, win error: The device does not recognize the command.

(expected 4, got -5)

avrdude.exe: error: usbtiny_receive: usb_control_msg: sending control message failed, win error: The device does not recognize the command.

(expected 4, got -5)
################

(expected 4, got -5)
################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x000000
avrdude.exe: Yikes!  Invalid device signature.
             Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
             this check.

avrdude.exe: error: usbtiny_transmit: usb_control_msg: sending control message failed, win error: The device does not recognize the command.

avrdude.exe done.  Thank you.

AVRDUDE done - exit code 1
If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be most appreciated.

Kind regards

Peter

Return to “Software”