OpenTx + Radiomaster TX16s S1/6P not working and slow read

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
pancakeMSTR

OpenTx + Radiomaster TX16s S1/6P not working and slow read

Post by pancakeMSTR »

So I'm having some issues with OpenTx and my Radiomaster Tx16s.

First, and most pressing, the radio has decided that S1 and the 6P buttons are...the same. So, like, when I change the 6P values, it moves the S1 indicator on the radio screen. And, in calibration, moving the S1 pot changes the 6P's values, but this doesn't happen outside of calibration.

This is very strange. It also renders the radio semi-unusable. No idea how to fix this, I assume the STM32 needs to be reflashed?

I tried to reflash firmware from companion and, as far as I could tell, it didn't do anything at all. I tried flashing the Tx16s factory firmware to it, and it didn't change the S1/6P issue.

This kind of brings me to my next issue: OpenTx companion is really, really slow to read settings from the radio. Like I'll plug the radio into my computer, Windows will see everything, I'll click "Read Models and Settings from Radio" in companion and it will just sit there, for like, 30 seconds, maybe a minute? Finally it will load up the settings but it should be instantaneous as far as I'm concerned. Furthermore, it always used to be instantaneous, at some indeterminate point it started taking forever. Maybe even when I switched to version 10, I'm not sure honestly.

Sadly, between companion's slow read, and the S1/6P issue, I'm wondering what else that I don't know about is wrong.

At any rate, the pressing issue is this S1/6P problem, can anyone advise on how to fix?

Secondary to that, what is wrong with my companion?

Thanks, happy to answer any questions and provide more details as needed.
Last edited by pancakeMSTR on Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kilrah

Re: OpenTx + Radiomaster TX16s S1/6P not working and slow read

Post by Kilrah »

This looks like a hardware issue, potentially the signal line for S1 being disconnected.
pancakeMSTR

Re: OpenTx + Radiomaster TX16s S1/6P not working and slow read

Post by pancakeMSTR »

I don't get how S1 being disconnected would make it control the 6P buttons. But I'll take a look.

Return to “Software”