Telemetry and OpenTx 2.3.4 Companion.

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
CountyPeter

Telemetry and OpenTx 2.3.4 Companion.

Post by CountyPeter »

Hi, I have just updated my taranis X9D+ from OpenTx 2.2.4 to 2.3.4. On the telemetry page of companion the sensors now have a pair of brackets appended eg Alt(). Sensors are no longer simulated in companion, either from play back of a log file or direct input. The sensor IDs seem to have changed. Everything seems to be working in the Tx, I can see sensor outputs as I would expect. Any help appreciated.

rdeanchurch

Re: Telemetry and OpenTx 2.3.4 Companion.

Post by rdeanchurch »

It is a known problem. The developers are concentrating on the tx side for safe flying for us and there are several new txs being supported.
I believe that there is no developer that is concentrating solely on Companion. For this reason I am staying with 2.2.4.
Unless you have a new tx with ACCESS there seems little benefit to go going with 2.3.x at this time. IMO.
Yes the sensor addresses in Companion are wrong. You can change them to make it work, but I found no way to save the changes.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
CountyPeter

Post by CountyPeter »

Thanks for your response. I am returning to 2.2.4, my motivation to update was simply to remain "current".
I do hope that one of the developers takes up the Companion side of things, to me the ability to program and test "off the Tx" is a real strength of the OpenTx software.
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

I'm with you on doing setup, initial checking and fixes via a real keyboard/mouse/full size display and simulation on Companion.
Companion is the reason that I started to think of trying OpenTX.
I like the ability to see more of the big picture than my QX7 or X9D screens show.

I had stayed with the latest to be current and get any additional functionality and bug fixes until 2.3 showed the lack of simulation capability.

I believe the issue is related to the ACCESS protocol allowing multiple rx that can being sending telemetry from a model.
That might be why the tel() showed up, maybe the () was ultimately going to show which receiver was producing the data. Just my WAG.

I think the one developer who was fairly much dedicated to Companion dropped out of the group.
It is a lot of work maintaining software. Initial development is fun, maintaining is tedious to me.
Somewhere I believe I remember reading that the Companion fixes were going to have to wait for 2.4. ... or later?
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Companion is maintained regularly and sensors should work correctly.
What does not work and was said would be delayed is the telemetry simulator since it's kind of a separate part that was written by someone who just came once and never maintained it, and since it isn't done in the same spirit as the rest of OpenTX (everything in it is hardcoded) it basically needs a complete rewrite.

flierman1945

Post by flierman1945 »

Well, I had just updated to companion 2.3.4 and my telem sensors do not work when uploaded from companion. They are fine when discovered on the 9XD+ and calculated values work. But when you read the models into companion, do an adjustment and upload to tx, none of the telem works.
I did a test and created VFAS, Current, PWR, and CNSP on the tx,then downloaded the file to companion. in the telemetry payne of companion, I see
Four perameters, V as volts, curr as A, pwr as calculated multiply Current () and cnsp as calculated consumption, sensor current () and this is the problem, current () does not link to the real current C. So my thinking is the telemetry error has not been fixed .
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Are you changing things on the telemtry sensors, or somewhere else?
If reading then writing back without changing telemetry broke things we'd likely have heard of it before...
barkster

Post by barkster »

I am having this same issue, I wanted to test logical switches and couldn't get it to work and so I loaded log file into telemetry simulator and I can't get it to work. I thought it was just me but as the log files plays the telemetry data changes on the page but not reflected in the telemetry screen on simulator, it always says "no data"

Return to “Software”