reflash Irange4 multiprotocol module

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
toter

reflash Irange4 multiprotocol module

Post by toter »

Irange4 Multimodule purchased from Bangood last 30 days. Taranis X9D+ Transmitter, also new. Hitec in my multi module is an 'invalid protocol' Firmware shows optma etc but software not included. Could it be that it is an old software package. Sent Bangood a video, as requested, showing no bind issue. They claim they sent it to mfg but commented 'dont expect fast response'. Found website showing how to flash module

github.com/pascallanger/DIY-Multiprotocol-TX-Module/blob/master.
Copied - Flash Multiprotocol Module - Taranis Plus (X9D) Last updated 28-Aug-2018 app and
x9dp_rom.bin. Followed instructions. Made App folder installed file app also the bin file in the firmware directory.

Screen - Bootloader 3.0 ready, ran app flashed bin file. No multi options update screen. Turned on radio. Presented screens I have never seen before. Could not get to my models. I think everything is FUBAR. I believe I will have to format the SD card and start over. Or is this fixable somehow

Kilrah

Re: reflash Irange4 multiprotocol module

Post by Kilrah »

You need to flash the module using the other methods provided on the multiprotocol project page, AFAIK the modules do not come with the bootloader that is required to flash from the radio.
toter

Post by toter »

I dont see any other methods or instruction to flash the module that I can understand. I can see there are screens to flash the STM32 board but with my computer knowledge I need step by step just like the transmitter - that I cant find
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

toter

Post by toter »

Dont seem to have a bootloader. Do I have to take off back cover w/o using external connector - again I am stuck
flashmulti/tools/stm32.exe is this boot loader file--cant seem to load

Dont see the file TOOLS or OTHER DATA where is it located? iN module files once I get boatloader

The MPM module must have a recent bootloader installed
Click Tools -> Upload method -> Flash from TX
Click Sketch -> Export compiled Binary, or press Ctrl+Alt+S

IF TIME WAS MONEY ON THIS PROJECT I WOULD BE A RICH MAN

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You might want to refer to, and ask questions in the project's thread here. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthr ... -TX-Module
toter

Post by toter »

I flashed the bootloader to the module. Trying to update module with file:
https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-Mul ... 2.1.67.bin
Whether plugged in to module or TX I cant install. Says use flash-multi (0.1.4 or master) cant seem to figure out how. Cant move .bin file from location. Where to put and how?

Return to “Software”