X8R no sbus output

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
Helybak

X8R no sbus output

Post by Helybak »

Bound x8r in mode 4. It has PWM on the pins channel 9-16, but no sbus signal.

I connect to Naza Assistant and it shows no stick movement.

Naza can spin the motors for test.
Servos move that are connected to the RX pins.
I dont know how to verify Sbus output. Sbus is digital, right? Can I send a signal from radio channel 9 (Sbus) to reciever channel 5 (PWM) and connect a servo?

I think it's narrowed down to 2 possibilities: TX/RX or Naza/RX
I have X8r and X4r-SB - same results with both. Plugged into Naza Sbus port.

I have read that Sbus outputs to all channels, when it's designated 9-12 channel, are those channels told to output PWM and then automatically assigned, by the software, to pins 1-9?

Do I need to reassign the Sbus channels?

Windows 7, driver signiture disabled.
Taranis ver; 2.2.3
TX modual has not been updated - this is 2nd hand used Taranis.

Kilrah

Re: X8R no sbus output

Post by Kilrah »

SBUS is always active and always carries all 16 channels. The 1-8 and 9-16 selection is only for the PWM pins.

You probably have the Naza misconfigured or are not feeding SBUS to the correct port on it.
Helybak

Post by Helybak »

Kilrah wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:34 pm SBUS is always active and always carries all 16 channels. The 1-8 and 9-16 selection is only for the PWM pins.

You probably have the Naza misconfigured or are not feeding SBUS to the correct port on it.
Kilrah, i was hoping you would answer! .. I have been trying to remedy this for total of 16 hours searching on the net. You are very active in open TX, Thankfully .. The Naza is set to 4 motors, X8R plugged into X2 .. recall? I read you answer a post by commenting, "It seems to work, I tried it on my Naza". That was in 2013. I believe it was referring to X8R.

Is there a way to verify that sbus is active?

Guy
Helybak

Post by Helybak »

receiver is set to Dbus in Naza
Helybak

Post by Helybak »

Also, it was flying 2 months ago with JR921 (Spekrtum) receiver installed. That was replaced by the X8R. The 921 was removed and the X8R installed and wired to X2 port on Naza.

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Helybak wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:06 pm Is there a way to verify that sbus is active?
You would need another device with SBUS input.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Or an oscilloscope.

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Please confirm you are using the SBUS connection and not the SPort connection on the X8R.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Helybak

Post by Helybak »

Progress!

Plugged into Sbus - not RSSI or SPort (which is on antenna side)

I rebound X8R to Mode 5 and plugged into Naza ATER pins. Now, sticks move in the Assistant. < So glad of this, the nonsense of working with old Naza software, uuhh!
So, this shows PC>Naza M>X8R>Taranis connection. So, I can do it with PWM, but i need PWM pins and Sbus. I will rebind this afternoon to Mode 4, maybe I didn't bind correctly the 1st time.

Joao - Oscilloscope? I would power RX through PWM pin and measure digital signal from Sbus pins while moving sticks on transmitter? There is an electronics shop down the street, maybe i could pay them to test it....

Can X8R output PWM and NOT sbus?

Kilrah loves to say
Kilrah wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:34 pm
SBUS is always active and always carries all 16 channels. The 1-8 and 9-16 selection is only for the PWM pins. HAHAHa !!

Does this mean the RX is converting digital to analog signal and routing to pins 1-8?

Open TX is amazing. I'm liking it!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The whole transmission is digital. The PWM signals are generated by the receiver from that.
Helybak

Post by Helybak »

Rebound to mode 4. Same thing. Here's the logic list

PC>Naza M>X8R>Taranis connection = good (stick movement in PWM mode - Mode 5)
Sbus pins on X8R & Naza = good (evidenced by SBus connection when in Mode 4, as only 1 cable connection between X8R & Naza, but only putting out channels 9-16 to PWM pins, also means signal wire good)
DBus selected in Naza Assistant = good (evidenced by above – 1 wire connected with output to PWM pins)

My crazy math says radio is not assigning Sbus to channels 1-9? -
TAER channels are id'd as 1-4 on inputs screen. Channels 1-4 show movement on monitor screen. Channels 1-4 show movement in mini channel monitor on mixer screen.
I believe I have read X8R works in mode 5 with naza. Protocol error?
Settings;
Internal RF - ON
Mode D16
Chan range 1-16 (18ms) – what’s with other ranges 2-17, 3-18
Recvr 04
Helybak

Post by Helybak »

Tx, Rx firmware version not compatible? :?: :roll:
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Maybe the radio's module is so old it needs an update, I thought you had done that first thing when you had an issue. Also update the receiver if not already done.
Helybak

Post by Helybak »

2016/06/03 stamped inside module compartment. Is there a way to tell what the module version is?
Pg 5/9 Pg 7/9
Version Analogs Test
opentx-x9d+
2019-01-07 XJTVER 512 < :?:
EEPR 218
VID 003C0033 33355109 39303537
Helybak

Post by Helybak »

^^^^ That was not how I wrote this passage. I even checked it in Preview ..
Anyway

Pg 7/9 Analog test

XJTVER 512 < is this the module version?
Helybak

Post by Helybak »

2015-12-23 151223

XJT_LBT_build151223 integrates both D16_LBT mode and LR12 mode. For LR12 mode, just flash the firmware for XJT module, internal modules for Taranis X9D Plus and X9E, while L9R receiver does not need to be flashed. Existing L9R receivers could work with it as well.

LBT firmware is not compatible with previous EU firmware. FrSky highly suggests you to upgrade your radios, modules, receivers with old EU firmware to their corresponding LBT firmware.

In Model setup pg 2/13
Internal RF Mode - I have choices D8, D16, LR12 .. so this is International version currently on my radio.
Helybak

Post by Helybak »

Updated to newest module firmware .. still no joy .. :cry:

Bound pins 1/2 & 3/4, option: 9-16 Telemetry. RX goes solid green. Exit on radio. unplug RX, pull jumpers. Power cycle radio, plug battery into Multi which powers FC>RX.

Result
I have PWM output on pins 1-8. Channels 1-2 on LS & RS radial sliders rotate servos attached to channels 1 & 2.
NO digital input to Naza Assistant.
Only has 1 wire going from RX to Naza FC - the SBus wire. The Sbus wire connection has to correct as the cables have the "tongue" that allows it to be inserted just way one on each end + there is PWM signal to servos, so cable cannot be reversed, right?

What pins are used to check with oscilloscope. + for power and then check pins GND & signal?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Versions of modules and receivers cannot be read, and what you see in the menu says nothing about them. You have to flash a known good combo.

You have always mentioned binding your receiver in mode X, but have never said you were doing so using jumpers. Nowadays with the option selection in the radio at bind time you must NOT use jumpers anymore. No idea if that causes trouble but it could.
Helybak

Post by Helybak »

Bingo! :D
Bind w/o the jumpers installed!! :lol:

When I updated the module I did not rebind with transmitter. Thought about that today at work. :roll:

When I came home, Kilrah said to bind w/o jumpers. I did that and now I have digital channels to the FC and PWM to
pins 1 - 9.

Not sure which one or both made it work, but now it does!

Thank you, Kilrah, your quite a know it all! ;)

Guy

It is not mentioned anywhere about no jumpers.

Return to “Software”