Open TX Series Protocols

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
toter

Open TX Series Protocols

Post by toter »

I have bee using Hitec's Aurora 9 for many years and I wanted to use something with more features. Hitec uses AFHSS Telermetry and I did not want to start from scratch buying a new system, with all the receivers I would have to replace. I purchased Taranis X9d+ SE with new Irange4 tx module when I learned I would have access to the Hitec protocol plus many others used in drone systems. Received equipment and up loaded to Open Tx 2.2.3 and found the Hitec Protocol among many others. When I set it up-on the next line-a comment that 'protocol invalid' appeared. I made a cursory check of other protocols and they were active. And of course I could not bind to the Optima or Maxima receivers. Apparently there is no software associated with the Hitec protocol. After all that money spent I have little to show for it. According to Bangood, the seller of Irange4, the unnamed manufacturer was notified. Does the community know of a person or corporation that I can contact to give me information "if" and "when" the software for the Hitec protocol will be available?

Kilrah

Re: Open TX Series Protocols

Post by Kilrah »

You need to reflash the multiprotocol module.
jhsa

Re: Open TX Series Protocols

Post by jhsa »

Search for "Multiprotocol Module" in RCGroups. There is a dedicated thread.. They will help you to reflash your module. The problem is the Hitec protocol might not have been implemented at the time your module was produced, or perhaps it was, but the manufacturer keeps flashing a very old version of the multiprotocol firmware :(

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “Software”