X8R GPS interference

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
anibalch

X8R GPS interference

Post by anibalch »

Hi, I'm having a strange problem, my X8R is interfering with my GPS. I recently identified when the GPS signal started flashing. I noticed that turning off the Taranis with the card connected, the signal tripled and was stable, when I connect the satellites collapse and are totally intermittent, did you see or have they had this problem?
Thank you
sorry for my English

Kilrah

Re: X8R GPS interference

Post by Kilrah »

Your GPS is sensitive to the RF the receiver is emitting when transmitting telemetry data. Put them further apart or use a better GPS module.
anibalch

Post by anibalch »

Thanks, I'm using the Naza MV2 with the original and distant GPS of the board
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

And are you putting the Taranis far away from the model? That will also affect it if it's too close like on the same bench.
anibalch

Post by anibalch »

Hi, I have two Nazas one mv2 and lite, the two got interference, worked normally, the receivers are long. The only difference was updating Taranis to version 2.2.3, could be generating the problem? Has the telemetry in this version changed? thanks

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

No.
anibalch

Post by anibalch »

Sorry for the insistence, as I mentioned I have more of a two drone with Pixhawk that has no problem of interference with Tarinis and two with Naza Ligth and MV2. with receivers X6R and X8R, both drones are with interference, the reception of the satelistes are jumping of quatidade arriving at zero and soon to 12 or 14 in seconds without stopping.
I switched the two drones to the Flysky Fs-i6s radio with the Flysky receivers installed in the same location on the X6R and X8R and got full success with 12 fixed satellites without any interference.
It is alert to who owns Naza and does not have OSD, because it can be without GPS, thanks
anibalch

Post by anibalch »

Hi Kilrah, I solved the problem, I do not know the cause but I changed the two antennas for new X8R as the last option and stopped the interference, the important thing is that I had no loss in RSSI with the old antennas, as for the X6R of my frame 330, I'm trying other positions, thank you for the attention

Return to “Software”