Using ER9X on Flysky 9X Tx with eePe Link software

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
viknik

Re: Using ER9X on Flysky 9X Tx with eePe Link software

Post by viknik »

OK faidos, thanks, I've just had a look on Ebay and there seems to be different specs available for the atmega 2561, so would need some guidance I'm afraid on which is the correct one.. 8au or 16au and 4kb or 8kb or 16 kb, (all dutch to me)for example, but will also see if Mike can shed any other options, I have to say soldering in the chip looks daunting...….

Sorry to be an ongoing nuisance.

thanks. Vic

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I believe it is the 16AU.
Yeah, let's wait and read Mike's opinion..

No problem and no nuisance at all, we all learn while trying to solve the problems.. :) ;)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

ATmega2561-16AU

If you currently have the Tx working, with er9x-128.hex flashed, try reading the EEPROM using eepe, then writing it back and see if the Tx continues to work correctly.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
viknik

Post by viknik »

Well, firstly I've checked the 'good' TX and found that too has a 'GREEN' chip, splendid!! At least I know if I have further trouble I should find someone who can change the chips, thanks for the advice for the 2561 au16.

BUT, on the plus side, I saved the model settings on the good Tx which was running on the er9x hex, set the fuses, and flashed the er9x128 hex onto it. the warning hand came up at start to say throttle not set, so know the firmware has changed.. and the model settings were still there!!!! So saved model settings from good TX to eepe as separate file then flashed them to the 'suspect' TX.... and it worked :D :D .. so that does seem to have been the culprit. I hadn't flashed the correct firmware in the first place, slapped wrist all round...(I guess the danger of trying to join the computer radio age and realising the kit I bought came with crappy firmware, learning about your ER9X firmware and trying to wade through new territory without a map)...... I hope that it will also account for the TX 'failing' both while setting up new model memory and while flying.

Apart from the difficulties I have been having I have to say I as someone who has fought shy of computer Radios for so long, I am hooked on the versatility and scope embraced by your firmware, in fact two of my friends are talking of ditching their spectrum kit for the versatility of ER9X.

Many, many thanks for all your help and patience, I am very much in your debt for persevering with what to me has been a very frustrating experience.

I am sorry it appears to have steed from my not understanding which version was required, but glad it seems nothing more serious (providing the little bleeder continues to behave) with the TX. it is interesting to note that both TX have GREEN chips but have behaved differently on the same firmware, difference in component tolerances I suppose??

For reference, If I have any further issues I will let you gentlemen know in case it helps anyone else in the future. I note you have a donation page, I will make a contribution in due course in appreciation.

With kindest regards, and thank you again.

Vic
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Good that you made it work, wonderful, well done :D
I would do some serious bench testing on that TX before using it to fly a model that I really like :)

Good luck :)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

viknik

Post by viknik »

I wildo, Thanks and happy flying.

Vic
viknik

Post by viknik »

Hi, me again.
After many hours of trouble free usage, today this same TX as the troubles above, I had two good flights, selected a different aircraft, and pre flight showed rudder reversed, changed it in 'limits' page, pushed the 'exit' button and screen went blank, backlight still lit voltage checked and showed 12.1 volt on a checker under load.

Plugged into laptop and despite window saying external memory detected, I can't read or write to the Tx. I get the message below when trying to reflash the firmware.... Any ideas please ????

=================================================================================
Started AVRDUDE
C:/Users/Vic/Documents/eePe/avrdude.exe -c usbasp -p m128 -U eeprom:r:C:/Users/Vic/AppData/Local/Temp/eebackup.hex:i
=================================================================================
avrdude.exe: error: could not find USB device "USBasp" with vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc

AVRDUDE done - exit code 1

I
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

The computer is not finding the USBasp programmer.. That is why is not talking to the radio..
Try re-installing the USBasp drivers..
Or, what are your programmer configuration in eepe's "Burn" menu??

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
viknik

Post by viknik »

Good morning Joao,

Thank you, I have now started a notebook for all your and Mike's advice, very valuable, thank you.

Re installing the drivers did the trick, (no idea why the driver was lost,) and I have now a working TX again, with memories re installed with no problem.

As the blank screen has happened before but with long periods, (8 months this time) of faultless use, do you have any ideas what may be happening? Apart from one occasion when it failed in flight the only time it has happened, about 5 or 6 times, is when I have been reversing a servo direction in 'limits', when I exit the 'limits' screen.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Does that normally happen when you are using the programming buttons?
If your radio has.an Atmega128, you might have to remove the caps on the buttons's processor pins..
On my m128 radio, that now is supporting the 9xtreme board, I removed all caps from all digital pins. But I think my radio rebooted only, can't remember well though. After removing the caps, the problem went away.. you could also solder a resistor in line with the buttons connection. I think 1K is the recommended value..

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
viknik

Post by viknik »

I have 128 processor but it has green on it so is a copy I understand.

I am not clear, do you mean there are caps on the back of the from of case programming buttons? Or where do you mean please.

Vic
viknik

Post by viknik »

sorry, meant …. of the front of case...….
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Don't you have the radio's schematic?
Then I can post it tomorrow. Every processor digital pin has a cap to ground. This might cause a current spike when you press butons or flip a switch. This can cause the processor to reboot for example

João.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
viknik

Post by viknik »

No sorry I don't have the schematic.

Also I am afraid I don't understand electronics past very basic circuit building on Veroboard years ago, or do I know anyone who really does. I have looked at the chip on the board but cant see any thing I recognise as a cap, ( as in a cover over something). I guess my ineptitude will be frustrating for you and for that I apologise.

Return to “Software”