Taranis X9E model selection

aerotibor18

Taranis X9E model selection

Post by aerotibor18 »

Hi guys , I have tiny problem with the menu when I'm selecting new model, I can not change the model type from the plane to helicopter to delta wing or quad copters, it's stay on plane mode and even on it I can't change servo inputs, I dont know if my scroll button is damaged, but its work on other menu pages perfectly, I mostly flying quads and now I'm building heli too so it would be nice to get that work , hope you understand what I mean, it's new radio purchased from Bangood, firmware is opentx-taranis-x9e-2.1.0 date 2015-07-15, please help, I hope I dont need to send it back to Bangood, many thanks

Kilrah

Re: Taranis X9E model selection

Post by Kilrah »

The configuration wizard does not run on that first firmware version. Either configure manually or upgrade firmware, either using FrSky's 2015-09-28 firmware or with vanilla OpenTX.
aerotibor18

Post by aerotibor18 »

Hi Kilrah, Im trying to update firmware through opentx companion , but still having problem, I downloaded all drivers, used Zadig as it was on the forum, and still can not connect it, in the devices and printers tab its shown as Taranis joistick, I have attached screen shot about the message while working on opentx companion, Im not good with comps so please dont get annoyed because my stupidity, many thanks
Attachments
Tranis problem to upload the firmware.png
dinamich

Post by dinamich »

You need to power on the radio in OpenTX Bootloader mode and then connect it to the computer. If you connect it when already powered on normally, you will get Joystick emulation. See http://open-txu.org/home/undergraduate- ... t-loaders/ and https://github.com/opentx/opentx/wiki/T ... ootloaders
projectkk2glider@github
aerotibor18

Post by aerotibor18 »

thx, Im did what it say in that link, while holding horizontal trims inwards and switching the transmitter on, the bootloader ver 2.1.4 is on the screen just for two second and than is just clear screen, im connecting usb in to transmitter, and nothing is happening, if im holding switch longer on, message from win. usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognised it, so it looks like I can not put it in to the bootloader :(

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Release the power switch once you see the bootloader screen come up, if you keep holding it it will turn off again.
aerotibor18

Post by aerotibor18 »

Thanks guys,I managed to do it, to be honest I would not do it without your help, many thanks
1275mini

Post by 1275mini »

is the helicopter and delta wizard going to be released I am running latest update ver.2.1.4 date 2015-09-24
and would find It a lot easier to program my models

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”