[HELP] Setting up mAh used with FCS-150A and OpenTX 2.1.3

krby

[HELP] Setting up mAh used with FCS-150A and OpenTX 2.1.3

Post by krby »

Hopefully this is the right forum, if not please let me know or maybe a moderator can move it.

I have an FCS-150A current sensor plugged into an X6R bound to a Taranis running 2.1.3. I am very familiar with doing some fairly complex stuff in OpenTX, but I am completely new to the telemetry section. I have read a bunch and watch various videos describing the process on OpenTX 2.0.

Here is where I am:
I have the sensor auto-discovered, the FCS-150 showed up as "Curr" with units in "A"mps, Precision = 1, Ratio and Offset both 0.0.
I have a telemetry screen setup showing the flight timer, RSSI, and Curr.

What I would like is a "mAh used" value on the telemetry screen. Actually, that's not true. I want it on the Telem screen, available for value readout when I flip a switch, and to have alarms set so when I get near 60% 70% and 80% of battery capacity (of course, I'll expect to have my battery capacity as a global variable, assume it is a constant for now).
From what I can piece together, is seems that I need to create a new sensor with type = "Calculated". Assuming that sensor is called "mAh", I believe I can figure out how to use mAh in the telemetry screen, for switch-based voice readout, and for alarms. Where I am stuck is creating that virtual 'mAh" sensor.

Which "operator" do I use for the calculated type? Consumption or Totalize sounds like they might do the trick. Maybe something else? But will that be enough? Does applying "consumption" to a current sensor with a value in "A" get me Ah? Or does it just get me A + A + A + A....? I really could use a description of the steps required to turn the value of the FCS-150A into a "mAh used" (or even just Ah if I can't convert) value.

Kilrah

Re: [HELP] Setting up mAh used with FCS-150A and OpenTX 2.1.

Post by Kilrah »

Consumption, and select unit mAh.
krby

Post by krby »

Kilrah wrote:Consumption, and select unit mAh.
Sorry to be dense. When you say: "and select unit mAh", do you mean select "mAh" or "mA" (which one?) for the discovered "Curr" sensor? I'm asking because I can't see any way to select a unit to select for my calculated consumption sensor.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Ah then it's automatically selected, just ignore that bit.

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk
BenZoFly

Re: [HELP] Setting up mAh used with FCS-150A and OpenTX 2.1.3

Post by BenZoFly »

You can find an example of this in the template I posted in the template library, look for "generic template for plane with opentx 2.1". There is an example of setting alarms on consumption in mAh and also on low cell voltage.

Regards,
B

Kiwi41000

Post by Kiwi41000 »

I just got the 150 amp senor, for the Taranis x9d With 2.2.3 and need some help setting up consumption as I don't see any or the mentioned selections,due to 2.2.3 can you help.kiwi4
thebriars0

Post by thebriars0 »

See here:viewtopic.php?f=45&t=8724

There is a whole section on setting up telemetry sensors.

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”