Model Names spoken Project

Scott Page

Model Names spoken Project

Post by Scott Page »

UPDATED 10/17/13
I'm undertaking another project. I'd like to create a list of audio files that speak the names of the models we are flying. Problem is, my time is limited, so I don't want to make a zillion files that may or may not be used. So I've created a form for you to request the names of models and I'll create audio files for those submissions/ requests.

I plan to update the .zip file in this post each time a new batch of model name audio files are created.

UPDATE
I may add more files in the future, but I'm terminating this project for now. I updated the file to have all requests through Oct 17, 2013. All files in the final archive have been recorded and encoded from scratch.
Attachments
Final Requests.zip
(12.61 MiB) Downloaded 519 times
Last edited by Scott Page on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:32 am, edited 6 times in total.

jhsa

Re: Model Names spoken Project

Post by jhsa »

what about if people have the voice files recorded with a different voice than the one you are using?
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
tilmanb

Post by tilmanb »

Sounds like a job for the tts script.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

That is why I am making a voice server.

Patience. Will be doing in a few weeks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

jhsa wrote:what about if people have the voice files recorded with a different voice than the one you are using?

I'll be using a human voice (voices). This won't be a solution for everybody -- especially not ideal for those that have savvy to make their own voices.

Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

Updated with first name collection today.
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

Scott, our thanks again.

I liked your convention of putting a + in front of the names to bunch them together very much.

So a QUESTION for all.
Is there a way to do a mass rename of ??????????? to +???????????? in Windows.?

Seems like a Dos Command Line Prompt ought to do it, but I can't remember how.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

I do it in Adobe bridge -- but not sure about in windows.

By the way -- these names do NOT fit the convention needed for the 10.3 format for the Taranis - but I wanted them to be clear what they are. So -- anybody that uses these be aware many/most will need to be renamed.
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

Not perfect, but the closest I could manage...
Open Commmand Line Prompt
Cd until you get to the desired directory

Ren a*.wav -A*.wav
Ren b*.wav -B*.wav
.... Thru z*.wav....

I used - for my beginning character. I figured if Scott was a plus
Then it was only fitting I should be a minus. . :mrgreen: :oops: :D
Dean
punkindrublik

Post by punkindrublik »

Nice Scott, you got all mine in. Thanks!
Scott Page wrote:I do it in Adobe bridge -- but not sure about in windows.

By the way -- these names do NOT fit the convention needed for the 10.3 format for the Taranis - but I wanted them to be clear what they are. So -- anybody that uses these be aware many/most will need to be renamed.
A little help here though. How should I rename them??
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

Well, you won't want all of them, so just rename those you want. I use a "+" as the first character for them and the next 9 characters to make them unique enough to recognize. so you have 10.WAV format. The common first character is so they will group together. I use a "-" in front of the music tracks for background music -- same idea.
punkindrublik

Post by punkindrublik »

Cool thanks, I'll play with em tomorrow.
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

Scott Page wrote:Well, you won't want all of them, so just rename those you want. I use a "+" as the first character for them and the next 9 characters to make them unique enough to recognize. so you have 10.WAV format. The common first character is so they will group together. I use a "-" in front of the music tracks for background music -- same idea.

Is there some performance penalty associated with having many *.wav files?
....Same question about long *.wav files, like a long background music clip? Maybe even some number of mega bytes in length.
Dean
dermo

Post by dermo »

Cheers Scott. This is going to be very handy. Just one comment. The WOT4 is a very common model this side of the atlantic for 20 years or so. It is pronounced 'wot 4' which is slang for 'what 4'.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

rdeanchurch wrote:
Scott Page wrote:Well, you won't want all of them, so just rename those you want. I use a "+" as the first character for them and the next 9 characters to make them unique enough to recognize. so you have 10.WAV format. The common first character is so they will group together. I use a "-" in front of the music tracks for background music -- same idea.

Is there some performance penalty associated with having many *.wav files?
....Same question about long *.wav files, like a long background music clip? Maybe even some number of mega bytes in length.
I don't think so. I made a several minute long background track and it worked just great. Being that the directory is FAT there is a limit to the number of files in a directory, but I don't know what that limit is.

Just for simplicity, I try to keep the SD card limited to the files I'm actually using - and keep a directory that's a clone of the SD card on the computer.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

256 0r 512.. one of them :mrgreen:

Edit: 512, I think.. the same as the MegaSound module :)

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

but only in the root directory

Reinhard
Spoogy

Post by Spoogy »

Hi,

I submitted some model names 9/2/2013 and they all got registered to the list but now I tried to add one more (which I recently obtain) Cessna Awagon, but I don't see it on the list. Tried to add her couple of times but did not success.

Also is there a plan when these model names would possible to be available for use?

edit: False alarm. :) Now I see it there. Couple times. :D Just took some time to update. And I see spelling error. It should be Agwagon...oh dear.. :roll:
What goes up, must come down. -Isaac Newton
OpenTX - expanding possibilities
DaleD

Post by DaleD »

Hi All,

I have made serious progress with setting up Custom Functions(using switches to announce Hi, Med and Low Rates on Ele, Ail and Rud) on my Taranis. Would like to know how to go about having the model announced. Should this also be done in Custom Functions and what settings should I use?

Thanks

DaleD
DaleD

Post by DaleD »

Scott Page wrote:UPDATED 7/28
I'm undertaking another project. I'd like to create a list of audio files that speak the names of the models we are flying. Problem is, my time is limited, so I don't want to make a zillion files that may or may not be used. So I've created a form for you to request the names of models and I'll create audio files for those submissions/ requests.

I plan to update the .zip file in this post each time a new batch of model name audio files are created.

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU

Go to this page https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1C5cdrp ... s/viewform

Add the names of the models you'd like to have audio files of.

To see the names submitted use this link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing
JULY 28 NAMES.png
Scott,

Excellent work here as with your other projects. Could you add the following models please:-
Crack Yak
MX2
540 Profile
Stryker
Ultimate 120
Ultra Stick

Keep up the GREAT work

DaleD
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

DaleD wrote:Hi All,

I have made serious progress with setting up Custom Functions(using switches to announce Hi, Med and Low Rates on Ele, Ail and Rud) on my Taranis. Would like to know how to go about having the model announced. Should this also be done in Custom Functions and what settings should I use?

Thanks

DaleD

Yes, I set it up as the first sound in Functions so it will be said first.

CFN 2. ONE Play Track. ModelName
...one says just play this track one time.

(CFN 1 is always my safety switch for throttle.)
Dean
DaleD

Post by DaleD »

rdeanchurch wrote: Yes, I set it up as the first sound in Functions so it will be said first.

CFN 2. ONE Play Track. ModelName
...one says just play this track one time.

(CFN 1 is always my safety switch for throttle.)
Thanks for this. I am just learning to use the customs functions and did not realize the order in which the functions are executed was a function of where it was assigned. I may need to redo the function assignments.

I would like to understand how you use CFN 1 for throttle. Do you use this for every type of model(Gas/electric)? What settings do you use and how does it work please?

Thanks

DaleD
DaleD

Post by DaleD »

DaleD wrote:
Scott Page wrote:UPDATED 7/28

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU

Go to this page https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1C5cdrp ... s/viewform

Add the names of the models you'd like to have audio files of.

To see the names submitted use this link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing
JULY 28 NAMES.png
Scott,

Excellent work here as with your other projects. Could you add the following models please:-
Crack Yak
MX2
540 Profile
Stryker
Ultimate 120
Ultra Stick

Keep up the GREAT work

DaleD
Just now realize that specific instruction was given as to how to submit names. I will do that now.

DaleD
Redbrickman

Post by Redbrickman »

dermo wrote:Cheers Scott. This is going to be very handy. Just one comment. The WOT4 is a very common model this side of the atlantic for 20 years or so. It is pronounced 'wot 4' which is slang for 'what 4'.
Never realised that, I thought it stood for Wide Open Throttle, in other words fly it at the max :D
Maintain thine airspeed.
Lest the ground arise and smite thee!
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

I need to apologize for a serious gap in working on this project. I'm finally hitting my stride again so should be getting the model names done with multiple voices "soon". I finally got the artwork updated, now I hope to generate some more artwork myself - and also generate more real voices. I've experimented with a variety of text to speech applications and none of them light my fire. I just wanted to affirm that I'm still around and back doing some Taranis projects again.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

I'm pulling the plug on this project for the time being. I uploaded a new archive of all of the requested names - there are 195 of them. I may renew this in the future, but that remains to be seen.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

I uploaded the final file with my head between my legs. I've fixed the zip file and uploaded again.
Imho

Post by Imho »

Scott Page wrote:I'm pulling the plug on this project for the time being. I uploaded a new archive of all of the requested names - there are 195 of them. I may renew this in the future, but that remains to be seen.
Thanks for your efforts, Scott.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I have to ask. Where in the menus pages, I assume the model memory pages, do I assign a model name announce. I see and use the option in er9x but I can't find it in opentx on my Taranis.
I'm guilty of using er9x and ersky9x and because of the Taranis I'm having to learn opentx. Er9x has served me well and I'm used to it.
I've selected model pictures that display now in opentx but miss the models name announcement after I hear the TaDa announcement.
I've been going through the printed manual but haven't see a how to explication, or missed it.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I think in Custom functions:

(Switch) "One" Play track Then "File name"

Best to set this on the first custom function. It will then be played before the others..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”