Telemetry Questions

G550Ted

Telemetry Questions

Post by G550Ted »

I'm programming all of my models in c9x in anticipation of getting my Taranis in a couple of days. I will be using mostly D series receivers but will have non-telemetry receivers in some of those models. As an expedient, I made a template model with all of the basic settings I normally use and copy that as a start to finish programming individual models. Part of the template are the A1 and A2 settings. I am new to telemetry, and here are my questions:

If A1 and A2 values are set for a model using a non-telemetry receiver will that result in getting bogus alarms on the transmitter telemetry pages/audio etc. since no telemetry will be received.

Using the FBVS-01 as delivered I understand it is configured as a 6x divider. If I enter A2 range values of 12.6 for a 3s setup and 16.8 for a 4s setup along with appropriate alarm values for the battery in use, will this result in seeing proper pack voltage and accurate alarm triggers?

I set the A1 range to 6.0v and alarms of 4.0 and 3.5. Are those reasonable?

TIA,

Ted

Kilrah

Re: Telemetry Questions

Post by Kilrah »

G550Ted wrote:If A1 and A2 values are set for a model using a non-telemetry receiver will that result in getting bogus alarms on the transmitter telemetry pages/audio etc. since no telemetry will be received.
No.
G550Ted wrote:Using the FBVS-01 as delivered I understand it is configured as a 6x divider. If I enter A2 range values of 12.6 for a 3s setup and 16.8 for a 4s setup along with appropriate alarm values for the battery in use, will this result in seeing proper pack voltage and accurate alarm triggers?
Range needs to be 3.3 * divider ratio.

So for the internal sensor (4x ratio) 4*3.3 = 13.2V. For the FBVS as delivered, 6*3.3 = 19.8V. Then set alarms where you want them.
G550Ted

Post by G550Ted »

Kilrah wrote:
G550Ted wrote: Range needs to be 3.3 * divider ratio.

So for the internal sensor (4x ratio) 4*3.3 = 13.2V. For the FBVS as delivered, 6*3.3 = 19.8V. Then set alarms where you want them.
Sorry, but in my ignorance I don't understand. Are you saying I should set the range to 13.2 for A1 and 19.8 for A2 using the FBVS-01?

Ted
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

If you have connected the jumper to A1 to measure receiver supply voltage, and connected an FBVS-01 to A2 then yes :)
G550Ted

Post by G550Ted »

OK, I've got it now. Many thanx!

Ted

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”