Receiver Numbers with Multiprotocol Module

Chuppster

Receiver Numbers with Multiprotocol Module

Post by Chuppster »

Hello! I have recently upgraded my Horus X10S to 2.3.10 and I have the 4-in-1 multiprotocol module. When I bind a receiver using the multiprotocol module, it defaults to RX Number 00. In the past, if I assigned a receiver number to a model that was being used in another model it would warn me, but that isn't happening right now. I don't see anything in the patch notes to indicate the reason for this change, is it intended?

Kilrah

Re: Receiver Numbers with Multiprotocol Module

Post by Kilrah »

The warning is not available for the MPM since the radio doesn't know what protocol is selected on each model.

Since doing the number check by loading each model fully would take many seconds the radio keeps a quick access list of the internal and external module RX numbers for each model, but when that was designed only FrSky modules supported RX nos and having multiple protocols that can share numbers on one module wasn't a thing so there is currently no provision to store the required info.
youngstar

Re: Receiver Numbers with Multiprotocol Module

Post by youngstar »

Hi, If you select the rx you want to asign before bindingits handy! especially when using two frequencies 2.4 and 900mhz

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”