Access support for Horus X12S

Thoemse

Access support for Horus X12S

Post by Thoemse »

Hello everyone!

I replaced the ISRM module of ym X12S with the X10S Express upgrade module and added another internal antenna.
I did so because I saw that some users got this running with great success. It seems to be a nice upgrade to keep the X12S up to date and increase signal strengh.

I found out that I cannot use this configuration right now because companion blocks the access option with "invalid board".
I read up about the issues there were on the openTx site and my guess is that it is because of that.I know there is internal testing going on with the feature active on the X12S.

Is there hope for this to be available anytime soon? It would keep the Horus X12S up to date. It's still a fantastic radio.

Kilrah

Re: Access support for Horus X12S

Post by Kilrah »

If/when FrSky comes up with a solution to their unneccessary authentication "feature" they have added to this module that does not make it dangerous to use it will be made available, but not until then. Complain to them about that.

https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopi ... 45&t=12251
Thoemse

Post by Thoemse »

I see. Thank you - I'll do that.
Edit: If I got that right this issue is the same on the X10?
That would effectively mean the upgrade module is not usable with OpenTx?
Now that would be a rather huge messup by FrSky. :o

Edit: Works now with the latest OpenTx nightly. Did a test flight today - good reception.
andrescuadros

Post by andrescuadros »

Buenas tardes
I'm Andres Cuadros from Lima Peru
I have a X12S from 2016 to which I am changing the motherboard because the original has had a fault in the power button
I have also bought the ACCESS Upgrade module Kit with the PARA WT
At the same time I have a R9M 2019 that I want to install on the radio to use in ACCESS and not as ACCST as it works now.
The questions are
By installing the ACCESS UPgrade module, will I be able to have ACCESS and ACCST as it happens with my Taranis 2019 from the X12S?
Do I understand that I must also do the hardware modification to be able to use the R9M in ACCESS? or when installing the Upgrade module, I no longer need to make the modification.
If so (that I should make the modification) is there any special guide considering the Upgrade module?
Thanks
rmark1

Post by rmark1 »

Hi,
Hope I am not hijacking this thread. I have upgraded my X12S with the ISRM ACCESS board. It takes a bit of sorting out, but it does work - I have tried OpenTX and now I have ETHOS on it. I cannot get FROS working though. My problem is that I have an RX4R and I have flashed this from ACCST 2.x.x D16 to ACCESS. However, it still binds in D16 mode! Any thoughts (apart from "Use OpenTX :)).

Many thanks,
Richard.

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Then your RX4R didn't actually get flashed.

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”