Need Help With Time Alerts on Taranis Q X7

zeviper

Need Help With Time Alerts on Taranis Q X7

Post by zeviper »

Hi I'm new to the forum and to Taranis Radios. I searched youtube and forums but can't seem to find an answer to my problem. I mainly fly gliders so I do not need a timer that counts down from a preset time because I can be up for hours or minutes depending on conditions. I have set the transmitter to start timer 1 when the throttle stick is moved and this is great (THt). What I want to do is to have the transmitter give me an alert every 5 minutes so that I know how long I've been up without needing to look down at my display. Eventually I'd like to download the amber voice pack and I'd like the radio to speak "5 minutes", "10 minutes", "15 minutes" and so on as time goes on. Can someone please describe how to make the radio do this?

Thanks!

rdeanchurch

Re: Need Help With Time Alerts on Taranis Q X7

Post by rdeanchurch »

Just set a logical switch and a special function as shown:
5MinuteDetection.PNG
5MinuteDetection.PNG
Attachments
5MinuteAnnounce.PNG
(10.2 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
thebriars0

Post by thebriars0 »

Why not use the momentary switch to call out the time when it is pressed? That way you can find out how long you have been up without an annoying callout every 5 minutes. I use this switch to give a range of telemetry readings at once, including the time elapsed.
zeviper

Post by zeviper »

Thank you both for the help! rdeanchurch, thanks for all the good info - I'll give it a try. thebriars0, that's not a bad point - I might do that, that does sound bit less annoying than the automatic call out.

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”