Mike B..... Using your app on Taranis Plus running OpenTX

boowho

Mike B..... Using your app on Taranis Plus running OpenTX

Post by boowho »

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=10953

Reference above thread. I've done everything as the thread suggests with the latest Er9x bootloader (ver 3.0)

That boot loader works fine and I can run the flashing app. however when I flash from the app it says FLASH failed.

I've tried both Inverted and not inverted; same result.

I'm believe have probably have the wrong MODULE bootloader; NOT Version 1.0.9.

Which I think is needed for this to work.

I don't know how to flash the module's own bootloader.

I think you use the tool Flash Loader Demonstrator, but don't know what file to flash and other parameters to enter into the Flash Loader Demonstrator program.

I have the IrangeX module, BTW; the one with the yellow knob on the back.

Thanks

Boowho??

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Mike B..... Using your app on Taranis Plus running OpenTX

Post by MikeB »

There may be a problem with the MPM firmware currently installed. The module starts up running that firmware. When you try to flash it, the firmware detects the attempt and drops out to the bootloader, but only if the MPM firmware has been built with the correct option.
To allow for this you could try, selecting the file to flash, then hold the button on the module pressed as you confirm the operation. Power is then applied to the module and the bootloader "sees" the button pressed and stays running instead of going to the main MPM firmware.

I don't have an IrangeX module so I'll need to look for information on the connections for flashing it.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
boowho

Re: Mike B..... Using your app on Taranis Plus running OpenTX

Post by boowho »

Thanks...... I will check the build options on the module software and recompile if necessary. On the IRangeX there is a jumper that may need to be set as well..... thanks again. If I have success, I will let you know.

Return to “openTx for FrSky radios”